Scuol Restaurants

Hotel Muntanella below the castle ruins
    Fruit cake and coffee
    view from the terrace

Most Recent Restaurants in Scuol

Hotel Aurora, in Ardez

by german_eagle Updated Feb 2, 2014

Green salad ...

This is a 3star hotel in the picturesque village Ardez. Interior is quite modern but nice. Staff was very attentive and friendly. Seems to be a meeting place for locals as well. The hosts changed after my first visit - it is still an enjoyable place.

Favorite Dish: On my first visit in 2004 I had a Nüssli salad with roasted bacon and mushrooms (boletus), boiled egg and Italian dressing. Main course was Engadiner Rösti (Rösti with thin slices of dried meat, cheese and egg sunny side up). Very tasty! Not to forget the fabulous red wine from the neighbouring Italian valley (Valtellina).

In summer 2011 I came back to this place for lunch. It was a sunny day so we picked a table on the terrace with terrific view. We had Rösti with mushrooms, ham and cheese - delicious! - along with a local beer from the microbrewery in Tschlin. The check was about 25 Sfr. per person.

Hotel Belvedere

by german_eagle Written Jul 14, 2011

blueberry cake and coffee at the terrace

We only had coffee and cake there on the outdoor terrace, so I cannot comment on their restaurant (which appeared to be quite upscale, btw).

Their terrace is south facing, protected from wind and rain by glass panels and a solid roof. At least we thought so. LOL While munching our cake and sipping the coffee we watched dark clouds rolling in the valley and getting closer and closer. When the first drops of rain fell I grabbed my cake and coffee and headed inside. Just then a whirlwind hit the terrace and everyone out there panicked. They ran inside so I couldn't get out through the narrow door and had to watch my belongings flying around. I've never seen something similar. A lasting experience! Anyway, nothing serious happened. The camera came out ok, the staff replaced lost coffee and cake for free. (These poor folks had already set the tables for dinner - festively - at another terrace and everything was lost.) Very remarkable IMO is that the staff took care of the guests first, especially an elderly man in wheelchair. After the disaster we moved to the bar of the hotel. Modern, nice ambience (open fireplace) with large windows to watch the storm outside :-)

Favorite Dish: Had delicious blueberry cake and coffee, served with a glass of water. Everything was perfect. Staff very friendly, attentive, helpful.

Crusch Alba in S-charl

by german_eagle Written Jul 10, 2011

Crusch Alba, garden terrace

S-charl is a tiny mountain village located in a side valley south of Scuol. Crusch Alba is the local inn with long tradition - their lovely garden or cosy restaurant rooms are perfect places to unwind and have a bite to eat after a long hike. As the weather was nice we opted for the garden terrace.

We had Engadin nutcake and coffee - yummy!! 10 Sfr. per person. Attentive and friendly service.

Kurhaus Val Sinestra

by german_eagle Written Jul 10, 2011

Kurhaus Val Sinestra, approaching from Sent

Hotel Kurhaus Val Sinestra is located in a remote side valley north of Scuol. Access is best from Sent (hourly postal buse). From there it is a walk of about 1:30 h to the hotel, slightly uphill. A bus runs three times a day to the Kurhaus.

We passed this hotel on our leisure hike from Sent via Zuort to Vna and decided to have lunch there. The ambience in the restaurant is very nice and cosy - wood everywhere. The food is simple, the menu limited. We opted for Gerstensuppe (barley soup) which was excellent and Apfelschorle (apple juice mixed with mineral water). All in all 11 Sfr. per person. A steal.

Villa Engiadina

by german_eagle Updated Jul 10, 2011

Villa Engiadina

Built in 1902 the Villa kept its Belle Epoque and Art Nouveau style and ambience. It was thoroughly restored and is a romantic small hotel in relatively remote location. The view of the valley and the mountains from the dining room are wonderful.

In 2004 I chose the menu of the day (four courses). First a Bresaola - Carpaccio with ruccola and parmigiano. Then a soup (Minestrone). Main course was fillet of venison on pasta (Farfalle) with pieces of pumpkins and chanterelles. For dessert I had mousse au chocolate with raspberries. Of course we also ordered a red wine - Merlot del Ticino - and an espresso. Everything was perfect.

The second visit in 2011 was slightly disappointing. It might have to do with the cruel exchange rate and also with the fact that we had planned to have dinner somewhere else - but that other restaurant was unexpectedly closed that evening and we had to walk up to Villa Engiadina to find *anything* to eat that night.

I ordered lamb fillet with green beans, potato croquettes and red wine sauce - very good except for the potato croquettes - mineral water and red wine (Nero d'Avola) which was pretty good. They also served a 'greeting from the chef' which was dried tomatoes and an olive - very good. The check was 60 Sfr. for one person.

Restaurant Hof Zuort

by german_eagle Updated Jul 10, 2011

Hof Zuort

What an idyllic place, not from this world! An old Engadine style house surrounded by pure nature, mountains, woods. The interior of the inn is originally preserved: wooden panels on the ceilings and walls, paintings and stained glass windows, an old oven. The choice of dishes is limited, but of good quality.

On my first visit in winter 2004 I had green salad with French dressing, main course was Rösti with a sausage of venison - yummy. Red wine was a very good Pinot Noir from Zizers, canton Graubünden.

On my second visit in summer 2011 I had a fruit cake and coffee. The cake was so-so - way too sweet and creamy for my taste. Also, while I do like a mix of fruits I think a variety of about eight or ten sorts is over the top. Prices are still ok - about 10 Sfr. for cake and coffee.

• Hiking and Walking

• Carino's Profile Photo

Crusch Alba: Traditional dishes

by Carino Written Sep 3, 2006

We were walking around in beautiful Scuol and were looking for a restaurant which serves some traditional dishes. We finally found Crusch Alba, which had the best menu card.

Favorite Dish: I tried the so called Plat Engiadinais, which is a sample of great dishes from Engadin. My wife had Capuns, which is also a very traditional dish. Very good stuff!!

• Trains

Villa Maria, Vulpera

by german_eagle Written Feb 22, 2004

Villa Maria, Vulpera

Villa Maria is located on the road between Vulpera and Tarasp on the southern side of the valley. It is well-known for its Gourmet restaurant.

Favorite Dish: In spite of gourmet food we had cheese fondue with white wine (St. Saphorin from Lake Geneva). Very tasty.

Chasa Veglia

by german_eagle Written Feb 22, 2004

Vermicelles

A cosy, absolutely wonderful place with old wooden interior. The house is probably some hundred years old, with old world charm. Family running, very friendly staff.

Favorite Dish: I had the best ever Bündner Gerstensuppe (barley soup, a speciality of canton Graubünden), accompanied by a glass of Valtellina red wine. For dessert I had Vermicelles, a speciality of the season (baiser, covered with chestnut mousse and whipped cream). Do not tell the weight watchers! An espresso completed the meal.

Instant Answers: Scuol

Comments

Scuol Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Scuol restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Scuol sightseeing.