Lucerne Restaurants

Lakeside Bachmann's
    by leics
  • Sit down, enjoy the cake, enjoy the view.....
    Sit down, enjoy the cake, enjoy the...
    by leics
    Interior of Restaurant
    by riorich55

Most Recent Restaurants in Lucerne

• leics's Profile Photo

Bachmann: 'Kaffee und kuchen' by the lakeside...

by leics Written Jun 30, 2013

Lakeside Bachmann's

Confiserie Bachmann is a fourth-generation Lucerne-based company....making chocolates, cakes, breads, sandwiches etc all of which are produced using 'fresh, natural and high-quality' ingredients.

There are several Bachmann shops dotted around the city but the lakeside outlet I found is exceptionally well-placed for providing sustenance for the many people who enjoy ambling along Lucerne's tree-lines lake 'promenade', enjoying the lovely views across the water to the distant mountains and watching the boats plying to and fro.

And it's also very useful for local workers' lunchtime snacks, as I soon realised by the queues which formed around midday.

They sell filled rolls and sandwiches and hot and cold drinks as well as a variety of cakes. The coffee is very good and I really enjoyed my apple-filled pastry. Prices are very reasonable (in Swiss terms) for such good quality food...and such very friendly and pleasant service.

• Seniors
    • Singles

• Al forno: Eat a tomate salad and tortellini alla panna

by Malters Written Feb 25, 2013

It`s a small nice restaurant it`s not direct in Lucerne city it`s in Kriens. The service is very kind and helpful. And they like to make jokes with you. The food is very good and there a lot of different dishes. So when you want to have a dinner with our family or our friends so it`s a perfect restaurant and it isn`t expensive.

Favorite Dish: For starter i like the tomate and mozarella salad and then tortellini alla panna and then ice cream. But they have also lovely pizzas.

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

Hotel des Alpes: Great food, beautiful location

by colin_bramso Updated Sep 10, 2011

Lakeside alfresco dining

A great location with outdoor riverside tables overlooking beautiful Chapel Bridge & the lake.

Excellent service, English menu available, top quality food with a wide choice of dishes.

Watch the people promenading by, listen to the strolling musicians. At dusk when the fairy lights come on it's a wonderful experience.

Favorite Dish: We had the house merlot red wine at SF22.50 for 500ml carafe, which was excellent. I had one of my all-time favourites veal cordon bleu, which is breadcrumbed tender veal wrapped around a slice of ham & Swiss cheese and fried in olive oil. Served with French fries & vegetables. Geina had a traditional bauernbratwurst, a large pork sausage made with herbs & spices served with onion sauce & French fries. Both dishes were outstandingly good.

We were also tempted by risotto with five herbs & parmesan cheese at SF19.60, and perch fillets sauted, with crayfish sauce, lemon rice & leaf spinach at 36.80.

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Wilden Mann: For a Nice Romantic Dinner

by riorich55 Written Aug 15, 2011

Interior of Restaurant

Ok, let's see what I can remember about this restaurant from our visit there almost 3 years ago in October, 2008.

This was the last night of our trip to Europe so we wanted to go out on a high note. We had eaten at 3 different places in Switzerland during our previous 3 nights there (2 in Lauterbrunnen and 1 in Interlaken) and were less then impressed. I mean the meals were OK, but nothing extra special. I'm pretty sure we selected this one from one of the guidebooks we had. As it turned out this was a very nice albeit expensive place to have dinner.

As you can see from the 1st picture the interior was somewhat dark with an obvious German flavor. There weren't a whole lot of people in the restaurant, but I remember one of the tables had a father (I'm assuming with 3 of his children). From the bill which I saved I can tell we each had a glass of wine and then ordered essentially from a set menu. As usual I ordered the fish item and Sue ordered the beef. We were also able to have a small tasting from the chef (I have a little card that was presented that states, "With compliments from the kitchen".

Favorite Dish: The meals were very good and in fact were actually, in my opinion the 2nd best dinner we had on our trip. The only other meal I thought was better was our meal from our first night in Paris a week earlier.

I've included 4 food pictures to give you an idea of the presentation.

• Photography

• Carino's Profile Photo

Café-Restaurant Hug: Excellent Birchermüesli

by Carino Updated Apr 4, 2011

Lovely Restaurant right at the River. The Menue-Card is rather small but you will definitely find something you like.

Favorite Dish: The Birchermüesli is just excellent! Try also the "open tea" such as Black Tea from Nepal.

• MaheshSamtani's Profile Photo

BODEGA: A DELI AT THE STATION

by MaheshSamtani Written Nov 9, 2009

We had to have a quick meal before leaving on our onward journey to Interlaken from Lucerne and the bet place to do so was the station. There are quite some options from fast food to traditional restaurants. We however decided to go for a restaurant called the Bodega which is at the ground floor of the station. they had many boards with signs of different foods. We opted for Thai curry with jasmine rice. My wife preferred a veg. dish, all of which was prepared in front of us in a wok and we and surely did not make a mistake. It turned out for around 10 Euros a person with a drink included. Nourishing and delicious. We surely did not miss the train.

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Brezelkonig: A Selection for Everyone

by riorich55 Updated Jul 27, 2009

What Tempting Choices

Boy oh boy, the things I think I should have done now after I go back and review pictures of our trip to Europe in 2008. Things I didn't do include eating some fish and chips in London, walking down the streets of Paris eating a freshly baked loaf of French bread and here in Switzerland, not buying and munching down on one of those huge pretzels.

As you can see from the picture here from the old town area of Lucerne, we were plenty tempted by the pretzels on display. From what I remember though we decided to see what other eateries we could find through our walk through town and never did make it back to this pretzel store. Darn!!!

• Beer Tasting

• iammon's Profile Photo

Pacifico: Mexican Cantina and Bar

by iammon Written Aug 6, 2008
    Interior

This is a very nice restaurant (with bar). I liked the ambience. It has very nice wooden ceilings and a beautifully painted walls with great photos.
    Service is first class.

Favorite Dish: They serve good Tex Mex food like Fajitas, Burritos, Spare Rips, Nachos and other typical stuff. They have beef tartar and good steaks (meat is from Argentina) as well. On the menu is some vegetarian dishes as well and they have a good choice of salads.

And of course not to forget the Margaritas!

• pure1942's Profile Photo

Stadtkeller: Swiss Traditional

by pure1942 Updated May 10, 2008

Stadtkeller Frescoes

I came purely to admire the beautiful frescoes on the front of this building but it is highly recommended in guides for people looking for Swiss Traditional food accompanied by music, song, dance and folklore.
    It looks a bit cheesy for my taste but who am I to criticise. The food is reported as being good and the entertainment is traditional Swiss so I can see the attraction for some. Not for me though.
    The restaurant caters for groups as well as individuals - so be warned ;)

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

River Cafe Hug: Casual riverside breakfast

by colin_bramso Written Oct 22, 2007

River Cafe Hug, Lucerne

A casual cafe/restaurant in a quiet part of the old city with riverside seating, perfect on a warm sunny day. A great place to start the day before you go exploring the city's sights.

Favorite Dish: Continental breakfast, available as an all-you-can-eat buffet for SF19.50.
    Paella, large SF27.50 or a smaller portion at SF18.50. Wine SF4 a glass.

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Café Ruethemann: Café Konditorei

by yumyum Written Feb 10, 2007

Japonais and black tea

This café in the non-touristy part of Lucerne but close to the railway station serves various pastries and cakes etc. It belongs to the Konditorei next door. This is a normal café with ordinary people as guests, no trendy ones.

Not accessible for wheelchairs.

Favorite Dish: I had a tea and something called "Japonais". The small, heavy calory pastry is called by this name all over the German part of Switzerland.

• Dyesebel's Profile Photo

Mövenpick

by Dyesebel Updated Oct 31, 2006

Mövenpick is known for their famous ice cream.But this restaurant offers also international cuisine.Don't forget also to try their Lucerne's local specialty. the Chügelipastete,meatballs and mushroom, pie with grapes in a sauce.

• alayres's Profile Photo

Fritschi Restaurant: Foundue

by alayres Updated Oct 25, 2006

The Fristschi restaurant is a very nice place to eat and it's located in the middle of the old town. It has a tipical swiss environment and we ate a very good chesse and meat foundues. This is a very good place if you are looking for foundues in switzerland, since they are typical from here.

For desert, we asked for a chocolate foundue, but it was not very good, especially if we consider that we have the best chocolates in the wolrd around here.

I recommend this restaurant, since the prices and location are good, and the food is very good. I just don't recommend the chocolocate foundue.

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Kursaal casino: Kursaal casino

by b1bob Updated Aug 16, 2006

Kursaal Casino

Favorite Dish: The entree (I believe it was chicken) wasn't bad, but the Swiss fondue is what stands out as best. The service was good, the food was fine, and the folklore show was a hit. There is no reason for Kursaal to earn anything less than an A.

• juzz's Profile Photo

restaurant TOUTOU: Eat as much as you can

by juzz Written Jul 31, 2006

The Place is very nice, in modern style inside but there are also some tables in the street. The food is vietnamese and you can take as much as you can eat from the buffet for 24.50 CHF per person

Favorite Dish: What I liked more is chicken with pine apple

Instant Answers: Lucerne

Comments

Lucerne Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lucerne restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lucerne sightseeing.