Mount Titlis, Lucerne

by myrtle
  • rochellevm's Profile Photo

Mt. Titlis cable car view

by rochellevm Written Dec 9, 2006

view of mountains from the cable car (autumn)

Going up/down the Mt. Titlis via the cable car, you can enjoy magnificent views of the mountains and villages. Thus, you can take a picture from there. In autumn, the view is also a contrast of what is up the Mt. Titlis (below is full of greenery, up is full of snow).

• Skiing and Boarding

• Applelyn's Profile Photo

Mount Titlis

by Applelyn Updated Jun 12, 2006

First station

It is the first Alps I had been to ...COOL. The best thing is that I went up in summer and there was still a snow storm. You can take the gondola up and then take the Ice Flyer to the top. There you can take a rubber tube to slide down 100m. You can skii there too. I didnt try it because a storm was brewing and I could see nothing but white. The reason is....I had not brought along my sunglasses and didnt want to be lost and not found. It is best to go with a tour group especially if you want to go all the way up to the top as it will be cheaper. You can find information at any tour agency in Lucern.

• Skiing and Boarding
    • Adventure Travel

by mavabra Written Aug 25, 2002

When you go a station lower you can walk very nice. It's mountain climbing! But take care! There is a leg where you can walk around. But when you go in the spring like I did the snow did not melt down totally. So look out where you walk!

by mavabra Written Aug 25, 2002

This mountain is 3020 meter high! Here you can go skiing any time you want. During winter AND summer!
    Outside of skiing it is a very nice place to be. You have a great vieuw. The 'gondellift' brings you up there. You can get out at three stations. At the highest place to get out there is a nice restaurant. There also is a icecave where you can go in.

• myrtle's Profile Photo

On Top of Mt. Titlis

by myrtle Written Nov 8, 2003
    Mt. Titlis

This is a picture of me & my friends on Mt. Titlis. We weren't out there very long, but the reflection of the sun on the snow gave us quite a sunburn.

• myrtle's Profile Photo

Going to Mt. Titlis in Central Switzerland

by myrtle Written Nov 8, 2003
    On a ferry in Switzerland

Mt. Titlis is the highest peak in Central Switzerland. I believe it's actually in Engleburg. We decided to take the long way to get there. We started out on a ferry.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Go to Mt Titlis and chill out!...

by Krystynn Written Sep 12, 2002

Go to Mt Titlis and chill out! On our way to the top of the mountain, I managed to take a picture of this scene from inside the cable car.

• Skibbe's Profile Photo

Mount Titlis

by Skibbe Written Sep 8, 2002

Snowy peak of Mount Titlis

A revolving cable car takes you up 10,000 feet to the top of this mountain, where you can also walk inside a glacier. The restaurant up there is very good, too.

by mavabra Updated Aug 25, 2002

Behind me they are skiing! As you can see, it was summer. Up there it still was not very cold. But maybe it was better to wear a sweater!

• S_R_NAIDU's Profile Photo

MOUNT TITLIS summit............

by S_R_NAIDU Written Aug 24, 2002

MOUNT TITLIS summit......... My first..and a great feeling. I'll try Mt Pilatus the next time round.
    Summit of MT. TITLIS.