Schaffhausen Shopping

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Denner: Discount Chocolate!

by ATXtraveler Updated Apr 4, 2011

Denner Supermarkt

I have to give credit to my wife on this one. She wanted to bring home some Swiss Chocolate for friends and family, but did not want to pay the crazy tourist prices for it, so as we were driving past a supermarket, she had us stop. We purchased the same bag of chocolates for 6 euros that were 15 in the tourist markets! I remembered immediately why I married her!

What to buy: Swiss Chocolates at 1/3 the price of touristy chocolate shops.

What to pay: 6 euros will get you a nice sized bag of assorted Swiss Chocolates!

• Beer Tasting
    • Women's Travel

• π Pi Lifestyle: Great Asian Collection

by buayadarat Written Mar 30, 2009

Some Swiss friends brought me to this shop, which sells a fantastic range of Asian furniture, decoration things and so on.
    For me it was not interesting to buy there anything, as I can buy most of those things during my trips in Asia. On the other hand my Swiss friends are crazy about the choice in there. They have an excellent choice of solid wood furniture and high class decorations.
    A really good place for those who miss Asia. I was discussing with the owner, who has travelled a lot also, he knows Asia very well, especially Malaysia and Indonesia. I have promised to him to write about it here as he doesn't know about virtualtourist yet.
    He said that he has just opened the shop a few days ago.

What to buy: I was surprised to find there even things like a Sundanese Angklung, Batik paintings from Yogya or Australian didgeridoo. They also have a big choice of Buddhas in stone, glass, brass or as paintings.

What to pay: Depending what you buy, from cheap Bali-Soaps to expensive old teak furniture. I didn't really look at the price tags.

• Religious Travel

Instant Answers: Schaffhausen

Comments

Schaffhausen Shopping

Reviews and photos of Schaffhausen shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Schaffhausen sightseeing.