Winterthur Restaurants

• Carino's Profile Photo

Ristorante Latini: Lovely Restaurant

by Carino Updated Apr 4, 2011

bindella.ch

Before going to the Theater we were looking for a nice restaurant in the old part of Winterthur. We found Ristorante Latini, a small and lovely italian restaurant. The menue is mainly italien but with great specialities!

Favorite Dish: I had the Tagliatelle al Padrone with a glass of Cabernet from Chile. Together it cost CHF 25.30. Not bad for Winterthur.

• Vanity666's Profile Photo

Gasthof zum Widder: The oldest

by Vanity666 Written Nov 24, 2008

This is the oldest Pub in Switzerland. My friend who lived there told me they have variety of drinks and excellent food, and recommends everyone to pay them a visit.
    Unfortunately again, we were there on Sunday morning, and it was closed.

I chose bad time for exploring Winterthur, right?

• Shakalaka's Profile Photo

Cappuccino: Small is beautiful

by Shakalaka Updated May 29, 2007

This is not a restaurant, it is a small but attractive coffeehouse. When the weather is good there is the possibility to sit outside on the street watching people do shopping.
    They say they make superb cappuccino (hence the name) though I don't know, as I don't like coffee at all. They feature also a good assortment of beer: Try the Chimay but beware: This is strong booze!

If you're not too hungry, it has also a limited assortment of foodstuff.

Favorite Dish: Chimay!

• Trains
    • Study Abroad
    • Work Abroad

• Outback Lodge: australisch restaurant...

by laurenzia Written Jun 8, 2004

Really goooood food :-D and real Australian food too. I had first time in my life real kangaroo, emu and crocodile... I admit that it was quite weird to eat kangaroo (so sweet animal), but it was good!
    The atmosphere is nice and the atleast our waitress was really friendly and funny ;-D

• Carino's Profile Photo

La Pergola: Excellent Service!

by Carino Written Nov 30, 2003

First of all, the service was just excellent! The waiters were really gentlemen and very kind. It has been a while, since I get that good service.

The menu card offers a large variaty of not only italian food but also some typical swiss dishes.

It's very good located and has a nice intereur.

Favorite Dish: I chose the "Zürcher Geschnetzeltes with Rösti", which is one of the most famous swiss dishes. The sauce was great and the meat just well done cooked.
    The Rösti was also well done. That dish cost CHF 30.50.

Also I tried the Risotto with mushrooms, which should have been a bit dryer. The Risotto is fairly cheap with CHF 20.50.

Instant Answers: Winterthur

Comments

Winterthur Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Winterthur restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Winterthur sightseeing.