Jules Verne Panoramic Bar, Zürich

Uraniastr. 9, 8001

Know about this? Rate It!

View from the bar
    Jules Verne Panorama Bar
    Drinks at Jules Verne Panorama Bar
  • Jules Verne Panoramic Bar: Bad Service

by kristinatr Written Mar 2, 2012

First, we had to spend some extra time to find how to go to the place. Apparantly, you have to walk through the whole restaurant downstairs to get to the elevator. There is only one super super slow elevator that goes up, prepare for about 30 min wait in the middle of the restaurant. The bar is nothing special, a tiny place. It was extremely humid and hot when we went there. The service was one of the worst I have ever expirienced, rude staff, unwelcoming and unfriendly. We had to go to a surprise b-day party afterwards that was only 5 min away from Jules Verne. Even though we planned ahead, we were late because of the elavator going down, it took us another 30 min to make it to outside. I have never imagined in my life that I will have to make an excuse that I am late because of an elavator. Please note, no stairs there. I will never waste another hour of my life to try to go 5 floors up and down and of course, let us not forget, this is still Zurich, not a rooftop in NYC, where elevators fly 80 floors up and down for seconds.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Jules Verne Panoramic Bar: Jules Verne Panorama Bar

by sue_stone Written Jul 26, 2008

View from the bar

After a busy day of sightseeing I do love to relax with a drink, and where better to relax than in a bar with views over the roof tops of Zurich. Jules Verne Panorama Bar was our venue of choice. Entry to the bar is via Brasserie Lipp.

Walking in the main entrance, you will see a lift to your right with name of the bar above it. Jump in this lift and you will be transported up to the top floor. Here you will find a relaxed bar which wraps around the building, its large windows offering great views across the city.

We all ordered some cocktails and sat back to enjoy the Zurich scenes. My mojito wasn't very good, but the view made up for it.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• cosmopolit's Profile Photo

Jules Verne Panoramic Bar: plenty of events n partys in all sorts of venues

by cosmopolit Updated Jun 22, 2004

Party party....

Night birds will find plenty to do into the early hours of the morning: at weekends over 300 venues stay open after midnight! Choose from a wide variety of parties and clubs where 'in' DJs from all over the world play everything from House, Techno and Latin to Acid Jazz. If you prefer things a little more mellow, drop into one of the numerous open-air bars (in summer).

Dress Code: Check out Zurichtourism webaddress belowmentioned gives you an up to date list of everything going on.

• bugalugs's Profile Photo

Jules Verne Panoramic Bar: Indulge yourself and buy a drink!!!!!

by bugalugs Written Feb 5, 2003

Jules Verne Bar

Having read about this bar on my vt friend burtty's vt page it was somewhere we wanted to visit.

The problem was we couldnt find the entrance!!! It loomed high above us, but how on earth did we get up there!!!

Doh, :-) it was simple really we walked into the Brasserie Lipp and got in the elevator to the 1st floor.

It was so busy though, and quite small really, seating only for about 40-50 people. You will be lucky to get a seat when you arrive, and as soon as someone leaves their table, you have to be quick!!!

The views are nice though, and in bar the bar was quite nice, but the drinks prices were very expensive. About £4.50 for a very small glass of white wine, and just over £3 for a very small beer.

The obversatory was built in 1905 at a height of 157 feet, and is above the bar was not open when we were there. It is called the Uriania Observatory, Tel No. 41 1 211 6523.

Dress Code: Clothes would be a good idea :-)

• tini58de's Profile Photo

Jules Verne Panorama-Bar: Nighttime panorama

by tini58de Written Nov 9, 2002

the Uraniahaus

rebibi and Remo took us to this fantastic place in the Uraniahaus. It is like an observatory, has a regular restaurant on the ground floor and this bar with a spectacular view on top!

Instant Answers: Zürich