Bakhchysaray Restaurants

by AnnaHermans
    Baklava ladies
    by Dabs

Most Recent Restaurants in Bakhchysaray

• Pushkin Le Cafe: Travellers beware!

by leonid2000 Updated Oct 7, 2009

The VISA terminal supposedly did not establish contact with my bank so we had to settle the bill in cash. When I got back home I discovered that the VISA terminal did in fact work - TWICE! (In retrospect, I remember that the waitress really worked the buttons on the terminal during the transaction.)

In addition to this our Russian friend "lost" her sunglasses in the establishment. By great misfortune I returned an hour later and now my sunglasses were also stolen. I have strong reasons to suspect that the thief was an employee. TRAVELLERS BEWARE!

Favorite Dish: The salmon is mediocre. Try one of the meat dishes.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Snack ladies: Outside Khan's Palace

by Dabs Updated Jul 6, 2009

David contemplates his baklava

We didn't want to take the time to have a proper lunch as we had much to see so we had a couple of meat pierogis (more like pasties, a pastry shell with filling) and some Crimean Tatar baklava for dessert. There were several ladies in front of the entrance of the Khan's Palace selling these items, presumably homemade. Crimean Tatar baklava is different than the Turkish version, the Turkish version is denser and sweeter, the Crimean version is lighter and almost like it's filled with air.

• AnnaHermans's Profile Photo

Karavan Sarai: Tatar cuisine in arabic atmosphere

by AnnaHermans Written Jul 28, 2008

Very nice views and nice decorated in Tatar style. You can smooke Hookah pipes here if you want to. They are very willing to help you if you are vegetarian. They serve no alcohol. The food is Tatar, which means plov (pilav) and sarma (stuffed whineleaves) etc.

Favorite Dish: I loved the plov and the sweet Turkish like desert and the excellent coffee.

• AnnaHermans's Profile Photo

Women selling Tatar pastries: Tatar food

by AnnaHermans Written Jul 29, 2008

In front of Khans'palace you can find women selling Tatar pastrie like Chebureky (cheese or meat stuffed pastrie) and sheker keyeks (sweet)

Favorite Dish: We loved cheese stuffed khaja puri (georgian bread)

Instant Answers: Bakhchysaray

Comments

Bakhchysaray Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bakhchysaray restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bakhchysaray sightseeing.