Built in 1703 by the Turks with the help of French engineers. The only monument of military-defense architecture in Ukraine reflecting the superior level of Western European fortifications construction.
8th-14th cent., structures added in the 19th cent. The oldest part of the church is built in the Byzantine style. Original frescoes have been preserved. Restored in 1980. Since 1960 it has housed the gemological exhibit of the Kerchensky Historical-Archaeological Museum.