Unique Places in Avtonomna Respublika Krym

Most Viewed Off The Beaten Path in Avtonomna Respublika Krym

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Yevpatoria - the second resort of the Crimea

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Feb 26, 2007

Yevpatoria is in the western part of the Crimean peninsula. It is the second on the importance resort of Crimea. The city has rich history. There was a Turkish fortress Gezlev which in 1736 the Russian army took without any fight. In 1784 under Ekaterina's decree the city was renamed into Yevpatoria.

This city is essential for me because it became my first in life Black Sea resort . In 1961 my parents brought me to have a rest on the sea for the first time. Here I learned to swim.
    Unfortunately this year I did not manage to visit Yevpatoria again. Therefore I've put photos from far 1961.

In the first photo you can see: my family is swimming in the Black sea. This boy - the future V-Traveler Kuznetsov_Sergey....
    The second photo: the Boy studies to swim.
    The third photo: In the park of Yevpatoria.
    The fourth photo: I'm 7 years old in Yevpatoria.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Foros-the residence of the last president of USSR

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Feb 21, 2007

Foros is a small settlement in the Crimea. It became well-known in August of 1991. At this time in Moscow there was a putsch, and the president of the USSR Michael Gorbachev was on vacation in Foros. During three days Gorbachev was under house arrest in its residence.

On the fourth day the president of the USSR was exempted and returned to Moscow, but it was already another country in which he was only a nominal figure. The USSR broke up in four months. Foros these days did not descend from screens of TVs and newspapers all over the world.

We were passing by Foros on our way to Sevastopol'. We didn't stay in Foros. But I decided this place is very important for our history. I could only make a pic from above.

• PikaUA's Profile Photo

Can You see the building on...

by PikaUA Updated Aug 26, 2002

Can You see the building on the top of the rock? This is the part of the remains of Chufut-Kale, the city of karaims. This city is situated not far from the Bakchisaray. Karaims were jewish people, they lived here at the age of Crimea Khanate. They were not allowed to live in Bakchisaray, that is why they build this city on the rocks.

Avtonomna Respublika Krym Hotels

12 Reviews - 40 Photos
Yalta Hotels
18 Reviews - 206 Photos

Instant Answers: Avtonomna Respublika Krym

Comments

Avtonomna Respublika Krym Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Avtonomna Respublika Krym off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Avtonomna Respublika Krym sightseeing.
Map of Avtonomna Respublika Krym