Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy Restaurants

by AnnaHermans
    by AnnaHermans

Most Recent Restaurants in Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy

• AnnaHermans's Profile Photo

Kava Pid Bramoyu: Best views of the castle!

by AnnaHermans Updated Aug 4, 2008

The restaurant is nice decorated in castlestyle. They have great balconies with a superb view of the castle. best location in town. They speak hardly any English but are very willing to help.

Favorite Dish: The view is top!

• mingul's Profile Photo

Can't remember: Trully funny:)

by mingul Written Jul 29, 2008

After I took a long and rewarding visit to the fortress, I had the wish of receiving a long and rewarding meal. Nothing seemed more appropriate than the restaurant on the right hand side of the bridge that links the old city to the fortress. Built on the side of the huge rocks that shelter the old city it seemed that the choice was obvious.

However besides the fact that the menu was only in cyrillic alphabet (like in 90% of the restaurants in Ukraine and Russia) the choice of food was a little problematic:) I am a very calm and understanding person therefore I have asked the waitress for 7-9 dishes from the restaurant's menu.

After I got 9 NOs for each course I felt like eating (ranging from soup to grill) I decided that it simply wasn't the day for me there and I tempered my hunger with a good old sandwich.

Favorite Dish: I have to fill this field:)

I did not manage to find out!!!!! :)

• Architecture

• om_212's Profile Photo

Pid Bramoyu: More than just a dining place

by om_212 Updated Feb 29, 2008

Located in the Old Town, this place is more than just a dining experience – it’s immersion into historical atmosphere (restaurant is located in a XVI cent. building former powder lab) and visual feast (incredible views of the Old Castle from the summer terrace). The interior is decorated with shields, swords and weaponry adding to the medieval atmosphere.

Though I liked the place a lot, I would like to point out to some downsides. Unfortunately in winter time, the restaurant’s space is limited just to 7 tables indoors, so reservation is highly recommended. It can be quite cold inside, especially if you come there for the breakfast (the walls are to thick to be warmed by one fireplace). The room can get a bit smoky from the fireplace and people smoking around. The service can be rather slow, especially if you ordered grilled meat. And last, but not the least, the conveniences, though modern and clean, are located outside, in the adjacent wing, which could a bit inconvenient in winter time.

But if you do not mind these small details, I would highly recommend this place. Make sure to try their Chalahach shashlyk (grilled meat)!

P.S. careful

Favorite Dish: Make sure to try Chalahach shashlyk (grilled pork)!

P.S. shashlyk is priced by weight. the size of a portion can vary depending on the piece you chose, but will average around 300 gr. don't be mislead by the price in the menu: 9.5 Hr (around $2) is for 100 gr.

• om_212's Profile Photo

NY Pizza: For breakfast or quick snack

by om_212 Updated Feb 29, 2008

conveniently located in the center of the Polish Market, this place is a great for a getting a bite if you have limited time in the city and don't mind a casual place (fast food/city cafe). though it's called NY pizza, the menu has much more to offer, including soups, salads, pancakes, etc.). we found it suitable both for lunch and breakfast.

the little warning, if you came as a group, don't expect them to bring your orders at the same time. they will bring you omelette, pancakes, soups as soon as they are ready.

Favorite Dish: I especially liked pancakes with apriot jam, as well as "shuba" salad.

• Enzyme_X's Profile Photo

Gostyny Dvir: Typical Ukrainian Dishes

by Enzyme_X Written Oct 27, 2005

Interior

When we entered this place we were a bit sceptical. The place didn't seem as a restaurant. We explained to the waiter at the bar that we'd like to eat and he took us to the dining room which was nicely decorated in old-fashioned way. The room had some weird odour, not unpleasant though. We sat down, the waiter brought menus. Only in ukrainian. After a week in Ukraine we got used to cyrillic so without bigger problems we could decipher what they offer. And that was what we wanted: typical ukrainian dishes. All meals we had were very good, only to my disappointment, portions were rather small. No big deal, actually. Everything was so cheap, that you could order double portions and it would still be cheap.

Favorite Dish: Mlintzy with cheese.

Instant Answers: Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy

Comments

Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy sightseeing.

View all Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy hotels