Da Vinci, Kiev

• Advertisement In
    Advertisement In "What's On" Magazine
    by Klod5
  • xxgirasolexx's Profile Photo

Da Vinci's: Great Italian Food in Kiev!

by xxgirasolexx Updated Jun 27, 2005

The food is fabulous and the restaurant is very clean. Staff are overly friendly and kind! The chef is from Venice and has worked in other restaurants in various locations. He also has another restaurant in Kiev serving just seafood. Because I lived in Kiev for a year and have been back various times...I've gotten to know the owner, chef, and some of the waitstaff as personal friends. Birthday parties here are fantastic! The room with the fountain in it is lovely as well.

Favorite Dish: I loved the spaghetti because it's made from all fresh ingredients and was a welcome change after days of borscht...though borscht is fabulous too.

• Giulia_ua's Profile Photo

DA VINCI FISH CLUB - new...

by Giulia_ua Written Aug 25, 2002

DA VINCI FISH CLUB - new restaurant situated in the Millenium business center. Italian kitchen from Italian cheff Stefano.
    Was named the best new restaurant in Kiev by a professional jury in March 2002.
    Excellent service, great kitchen, very beautiful design, presents from cheff to every visitor.

• Aquarama's Profile Photo

Da Vinci: Disappointing

by Aquarama Written Jan 5, 2008

I have to say that I had read the reviews from VT and other guides, praising this traditional restaurant which enjoys a "loyal following of businessmen, diplomats and models"... I have to say I expected much more. The fisherman house/davinci basement deco is interesting but a bit over the top... The atmosphere is a little touristy like one could find in little Italy in NYC.
    As far as the food is concerned, I think the italian chef has been away from home for too long... the mozarella di buffala was tasteless, the olive oil was obviously not italian and certainly not nuevo. I then tried the risoto "Milan style"... the meat was not bad, but the whole dish was swimming in oil (again... not the italian one).
    I thought I would then cheer myself up with some lemoncello - and here again - what a joke... it was a thick lemon liquor, which was nowhere near Italian standards.
    A chef like this in Italy would not last long... which may explain why he is not working in Italy.
    The only star I would give to this pityful experience would be for the staff... they were all top notch. Very friendly and subtle.

Instant Answers: Kiev