McDonald's (Various Locations), Kiev

3 out of 5 stars 10 Reviews

McDonald's in Kiev
    by Roadquill
  • "Drova" restaurant opposite the railway...
    by hunterV
    Snack bars in waiting halls
    by hunterV
  • hunterV's Profile Photo

McDonald's: At the Railway Station

by hunterV Updated Jan 26, 2010

There are several opportunities for dining at the railway station.
    There are snack bars in the stuffy waiting halls.
    There is a bar in the underground passage leading from the metro station to the Southern Station.
    There is McDonald's restaurant opposite the railway station and Drova restaurant in the shopping mall located opposite the railway station.
    This restaurant is open round the clock.

Shopping mall opposite the railway station Snack bars in waiting halls Hustle and bustle at the railway station square At the railway station in Kiev

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

McDonald's: Local favorite

by Roadquill Written Jul 7, 2012

Our local young friends from Kiev could not get enough of McDonald's. This was the top of the food chain as far as they were concerned. Plus there were lines at all hours. I was informed that many restaurants serve McDonald's coffee.

McDonald's in Kiev
    • Photography

• SmileyLeSa's Profile Photo

McDonald's (Various Locations): McDonalds on the River

by SmileyLeSa Written Feb 26, 2005

This is an excellent location for a McDonalds. It overlooks the Dnieper River. The McDonalds has two story seating and outdoor seating. Unfortunately, being there in the month of January did not make it very conducive to eat outdoors.

McDonalds

• OlenaKyiv's Profile Photo

McDonald's (Various Locations): Yes, you can find McDonalds everywhere

by OlenaKyiv Written Apr 23, 2007

First McDonlads was opened in 2000 on Khreshchatyk Street right near Kreshchatyk subway station. This was an event that Kievans expected with great excitement. First week after restaurant opened the longest lines I saw in my life were stretched on Kreshchatyk Street because people wanted to try something other than their native cousine. For a couple of year McDonald's was real fancy restaurant for many Ukrainian families, who saved money for weeks to get into it and buy few humbergers. Recently more people can afford to go to restaurants in Kiev, so McDonlad's is not considered a fancy one anymore, but, again, not for everybody.

There are more than dozen of McDonald's in Kiev. There are locations I know about:
    * Khreshchatyk Street (near Khreshchatyk subway station)
    * Independence Square (Globe center - underground food court)
    * Victory Ave. (near Central ZAGS)
    * Poshtova Square subway station (near River Port)
    * Leningrad Square (right on the middle)
    * Obolon subway station

Favorite Dish: I ate in McDonald's in many countries and I must confess Kiev's one is the best. I don't know the reason. Maybe a good quality of products, or the way how restaurants are managed.

A must-to-try dish is a local addition to a menu - Kartoplya po-selyans'ki (Country made potato). It is quarter cut deep-fried potatos with some spices. I find it delicious.

• catnl's Profile Photo

McDonalds at Kiyv: Mac Donalds is everywhere

by catnl Written Dec 14, 2002

1997 i had to go to McDonalds to get some coffee in the morning. I stayed at Yuri, a friend of my uncle who also took care of my first transport inside the Ukraine.
    At his appartment the day there was no coffee or food so i went to MacD and got us some coffee and a menu.
    Its very strange to see the menu in ukrainian (russian)language

• hunterV's Profile Photo

McDonald's: Very Popular Restaurant

by hunterV Updated Jun 23, 2009

This McDonald’s restaurant is located opposite the railway station in Kiev and is always crowded.
    If you would really like to have a bite at McDonald’s, you’d better take a metro train to “Khreshchatyk” station and go to another one located to the right of the exit of the metro station.
    I have dined several times in both and in several others (Post Square and Obolon) and still think the one at the railway station is somehow better.
    Maybe I got more used to it during my business trips.

Favorite Dish: BigMac, McChicken, different hot pies (raspberry and cherry)...

Railway station McDonald's McDonald's at the river port Ulrainian restaurant in Sahaydachny Street

• Michael_D's Profile Photo

Michael_D's Restaurant Tip

by Michael_D Written Aug 24, 2002

On my 1st 2 trips to kiev there was not alot of choice food-wise.The TOURIST HOTEL where i stayed provided meals and they were very ordinary.In fact everywhere I went started you off with the same slice of tomato, cucumber and hunk of smelly fish.The only soft drinks I ever saw were PEPSI and FANTA (orange) and it seemed to me that SNICKERS chocolate bars had the concession in every small town and big city between Poland and Moscow!!!!

I have been told(though I still have a hard time believing it) that since 1998 there are now numerous McDonalds and many HUGE supermarkets as well. BOY...in 1993 I found just a single store that sold anything near what I would have called 'groceries'.Now Kiev 'has everything' so I am told..just no one can afford any of it.GO FIGURE

• kim83_50158's Profile Photo

McDonalds restaurants seem to...

by kim83_50158 Updated Mar 22, 2003

McDonalds restaurants seem to be everywhere!! They have 8 or 9 at least. That is the only place we ate while we were there, although we did visit 3 of them probably.

Favorite Dish: From what I can tell, I think they have all the same food they have in U.S. restaurants. Unfortunately, the menus are in Russian, so it doesn't appear to be the same restaurant. Order a Big Mac by saying 'Big Mac'--that's the only advice I can really give you. The names are just transliterated I think--sounds English, written in Russian. Good luck!

• Religious Travel

• Mc.Donald's, near Pechers'ka Metro Station. Kiev: Strangers to Hygiene

by abercorn Written Nov 27, 2011

I visited this Mc. Donald's first floor restaurant around 10PM on 16 Nov. 2011 and was appalled by 2 separate drink spillages on the floor being left unattended while I was there for over an hour, and litter/trays, over 10, were left on tables awaiting clearing away. I already wrote to Mc. Donald's in UK, so far without any response/reaction about the unacceptable and deplorable conditions, and as an environmental health officer, such condotions are totally unacceptable, particularly when an International food chain is involved, and how do they enforce standards over their franchise-holders? Absolutely deplorable, and Mc.Donald's should be ashamed to have their name and reputation associated with such unacceptable premises, and without even responding to my initial UK complaint via their website a few days ago.

Favorite Dish: Certainly not an appropriate section to complete under the circumstances.

• georeiser's Profile Photo

McDonalds: McDonalds

by georeiser Updated Feb 9, 2010

McDonald's has been in Ukraine since 1997, and there arew many restaurants in the city. A large McDonald's is located in Khreshchatyk Street. McDonald's is a natuaral place to eat for Ukrainian families and young people. It is not frowned on in Ukraine like it is by some in other European countries.

McDonalds, Khreshchatyk Street