Lviv Nightlife

• Korzo Pub - Chicken filet with potato chips
    Korzo Pub - Chicken filet with potato...
    Korzo Pub - Lvivske Premium beer

Most Recent Nightlife in Lviv

• hunterV's Profile Photo

An Evening Stroll: Enjoy the Night Views

by hunterV Updated Jan 10, 2012

Former Bernardine Monastery

I enjoyed the evening views of downtown Lviv and took some pictures or at least tried to do so with my small camera.
    I wished I had a stronger one then.
    Next time perhaps.
    I found this promotion clip about the night life in Lviv.

Dress Code: casual

• Photography
    • Festivals

• Korzo Pub: Unremarkable

by socheid Updated Aug 11, 2011

This joint bills itself as an Irish pub. Thats a bit of a nonsense really as in reality all there is to place is a small room at the front, an even smaller room at the back, a bar and some tvs showing football. the connection the place has with Ireland is that it sells a couple of Irish beers and whiskeys or whatever. All the clientelle sit quietly, there is none of the stand and mingle that you get in a pub in Ireland.

The owner of this place is no doubt making a bob or 2 out of branding and trying to package this place as an Irish bar. Regardless of what is done to this place it will never have the fundamental fabric of a bar in Ireland - atmosphere.

• Kryivka: Surreal entrance but worth a look

by socheid Written Aug 3, 2011

On the way into this place you are greeted by an old guy totting a machine gun. If you make a declaration of 'Slava Ukraine' you are given a shot of cheap brandy.

I was served by a waitress called Oksana who was very helpful.

Like all the bars I have been to in Lviv the scene is very much based on being sat at a table. There's none of the stand up and mingle sort of culture that happens with pubs in the UK and Ireland for example.

• Fenomen Club, Lviv, Ukraine: Nightlife

by djsam.ua Written Jun 15, 2011

The atmosphere of the club was the relaxation of the modern, active and progressive youth. Music vibrations and avalanche of new dancing hits will dissolve your body on the dance floor and you will prove yourself in the impassionate and energetic dances, since there is nothing as much relaxing as good music, exclusive cocktail from the barman and enjoyable communication with the opposite sex.

It’s impossible not to mention the design that was elaborated for every client of ours as there are three rooms, each with its own music style and corresponding atmosphere.

In club they have a loyalty system of club cards. Each person to have performed a simple task can get a loyalty club card and join the community of phenomenal people and get discounts in Fenomen night club.

Dress Code: Casual

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

by HORSCHECK Updated Apr 4, 2011

Korzo Pub

On one of our very first days in Lviv in June 2007 we had a late lunch at the Korzo Pub. It is an Irish Pub style restaurant and bar.

The interior is kept in a wooden homey style with both local and Irish photographs hanging on the walls.

On warm days a few tables invite for a rest in front of the maroon coloured front of the building.

The staff speaks English and the menu is also available in English which in 2007 still wasn't a matter of course in other locations. So if you don't speak any Ukrainian or at least have an idea of cyrillic letters, the Korzo Pub might be a good option for you. But be prepared that prices are slightly higher than in local restaurants.

The drink list includes an extensive selection of beers, wines, cocktails as well as non-alcoholi drinks. The local Lvivske beer is of course much cheaper than international beers. The menu offers international and Ukrainian dishes.

I opted for a tasty chicken filet with potato chips as side dish (22,70 UAH + 7 UAH) and washed it down with a pint of local Lvivske Premium beer.

• Trains

• roxana2802's Profile Photo

Club Metro

by roxana2802 Updated Nov 13, 2010

An international entertainment centre for young people.

"Metro" is a club where many young visitors from all over the world come to have fun. . Club is always developing, renovating and being oriented on international standards of customer service and work organization.
    Metro offers great parties for everyone every day of the week Show-troupe “Art BIzZ”, travesty show “Nikita&Lolita” and best strip and dance-show are taking part in every event of the club. Many special guests have been invited to our club (DJays and performers) from both Ukraine and abroad.
    Metro has got three dance flours with different styles of music playing in it: Red phone - pop; Beat - RNB; Metro - techno.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Cafe Lumiere: Central bar

by toonsarah Written Jun 24, 2010

At the bar of the Cafe Lumiere

We spent a couple of pleasant hours each evening drinking at this simple bar on the main boulevard, Prospekt Svobody. It had a nice little area of tables and chairs outside, and plenty of room inside too, though the latter was a bit smoky in places (especially the mezzanine floor). The friendly bar maid spoke almost no English and I think at first was a little overwhelmed by the sudden influx of our large group, but she coped well and on the second evening welcomed us back with a smile.

You won’t get fancy cocktails here, but there is decent local beer, a limited choice of wine, and vodka and other spirits (both local and imported). I drank vodka on both evenings, sticking to the local Ukraine Standard which was very reasonably priced at 11 UAH for a single shot (which was more than an English double!) An imported vodka such as Finlandia cost almost twice as much, and although the Ukrainian one was described by Victor as “paint-stripper” I found it very palatable – don’t know what that says about me, but I do have a bit of a penchant for firewater-style drinks!

Dress Code: No need to dress up here

• thenugget31's Profile Photo

Picasso: Paint the town red!

by thenugget31 Written Jun 14, 2010

Reasonably priced nightclub with a variety of music tastes..

It has a friendly atmosphere and is probably one of the better nightclubs in Lviv..

(Unless you are only into trance music - then just go to Millenium or Zanzibar)

Dress Code: Smart/casual - jeans allowed

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Masoch Cafe: Masochists delight

by Dabs Updated Jun 13, 2010

Masoch Cafe

Our final stop of the night, after having visited the Ukrainian insurgent bar was the Masoch Cafe, named after the original masochist, Leopold Ritter von Sacher-Masoch who was born in what is now known as Lviv. There are a few seats on the upper level and more seating downstairs where while waiting for your drinks you can model some of the latest in bondage wear, watch the folks on the street checking the place out on their hidden camera or watch an elective collection of video which on our visit included scenes from the Who's rock opera "Tommy", erotic vampire scenes and what appeared to be a Ukrainian parliament session. I'm still scratching my head over that one....

They serve food here as well as drinks but we had already eaten so we just had a drink, the menu, which was adorned with photos of naked ladies, was not in English so be careful to not order the bull testicles in oil and sweet pepper sauce that In Your Pocket says appears on the menu. It also says that the statue of Leopold on the way out has fortune cookies in his pocket but I wasn't going to be groping his statue while appearing on candid camera!

Dress Code: None that I could see, you might feel a little uncomfortable if you show up in your bondage wear although you might get a nice spanking from the wait staff if you do

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Kryjivka: Not so secret "secret" bar

by Dabs Updated Jun 12, 2010

Dee, Patty and Steve help me out

David was intrigued by the description of this bar in the In Your Pocket guide so we headed here after dinner to have a drink. How it is supposed to work is that you knock, a guard opens a peephole and says "Slava Ukraini" (Glory to Ukraine) and we were supposed to respond "Geroyam Slava" (Glory to its heroes) as this was the greeting and response used by the soldiers of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army as they waged war from 1943-1949 against the Nazis, the Soviet Union and Poles. But we were greeted with "do you have a reservation?" to which we responded our practised "Geroyam Slava" but he wasn't budging. He said to come back in a couple of hours so we then asked if we could just have a look around when a fellow that looked suspiciously like Fidel Castro appears in his best insurgent finery and pours us a shot of vodka and somehow we are in.

Not wanting to overstay our welcome we order one quick drink or at least I thought I did, my horseradish vodka shot was 4 times the normal shot size so it was more of a sipper than a shot. Good thing I had my virtual attendees to help me out!

We were seated in the upper loft, be sure to have a look through the rest of the place which is designed to look like a bunker and is quite enormous. There's also a food menu in addition to the drink menu and In Your Pocket lists it as Lviv's Best in the restaurant section so I assume the food is good.

Dress Code: None that I could see

• lohdennis's Profile Photo

Grand Hotel Bar: All-Night Bar

by lohdennis Written Nov 3, 2008

In contrast to the relatively peaceful nightlife that I observed on the streets of Lviv, the Bar at the Grand Hotel (where I stayed) was quite busy even late at night. It is apparently open 24 hours, 7 days a week. It is not a big bar and there isn't that much privacy. However, this is the first time that I have been to a bar/drinking/chatting place that never closes!! Something useful to know.

• lohdennis's Profile Photo

Not much

by lohdennis Written Nov 3, 2008

I was in Lviv for three nights during the work week. As far as I am concerned, most pedestrians had gone home by 10 pm. My guide also confirmed my general impression that people work during the week and then have fun over the weekend. (I did not seek to go to night clubs or disco's). As far as the cafe scenes are concerned, I think it's a little overblown. I really didn't see lots of nice cafes to go into. There were some restaurants with places to sit in the main Rynok but nothing out of the ordinary.

The Grand Hotel that I stayed has associated Casino but I did not go so I cannot tell you how good or bad it is.

My best guess is that most active nights are, not surprisingly, weekend nights. Given that there is a large student population in Lviv, I guess that weekend nights are more lively.

(I did not go out of my way to look for nightlife so my database may be limited).

• om_212's Profile Photo

Robert Doms Beer House: Live Jazz Concerts

by om_212 Updated Jul 14, 2007

legendary figure of Lviv beer-culture

a nice spot where live jazz music naturally blends into the informal atmosphere of a Austrian looking-like beer house. the place takes advantage of the located next door Lviv Brewery, and always serves fresh Lvivske along with home-made food.

the jazz concerts are held daily and start at 8 pm. free entrance

• Beer Tasting

• Zo72's Profile Photo

Lviv nightlife

by Zo72 Written Jan 23, 2006

I don't know much about Lviv nightlife but I will drop few facts here. There are not many cafes in Lviv, actually I haven't seen a single place just to take a seat and have a coffee or a drink. Places to go out in Lviv are places where you can eat - restaurants, pizzerias etc. and some of them are really nice. Usually you can just have a drink there. Most of restaurants are closed at 10 or 11 pm which means that you are expected to leave by that time.

After than only disco clubs are open.

• convoyblue's Profile Photo

Cyber caffes: Nighttime cyber surfing

by convoyblue Updated Jun 18, 2003

Because during the day you won't have time for such activities, just after dark you should upload on Virtual Tourist some photos of Lviv.

The list of internet caffes and price per hour:

Delta - Ivan Franko st. 1
    Terminal - Chuprynka st. 163
    Interkom - Bandera st 35
    Internet Swit - Kosciuszko st. 2
    Swit Rozwah -Schevchenko Pr. 1

The cost of internet surfing

4 UAH per hour (0,81 Euro)

• Luxury Travel
    • Windsurfing
    • Singles

Instant Answers: Lviv

Comments

Lviv Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Lviv nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lviv sightseeing.