L'vov Travel Guide

L'vov Things to Do

• jorgejuansanchez's Profile Photo

by jorgejuansanchez Written Jun 17, 2014

This railway station was built in 1904 by a Polish architecte.
    I arrive to Lviv from Odessa, in a train train, and was surprised by the station.
    Even if you do not travel to Lviv by train it is worth to pai it a visit.

Pretty railway station
    • Architecture
    • Trains

L'vov Transportation

• lotharscheer's Profile Photo

by lotharscheer Written Aug 19, 2010

To Chernivtsi Kupe was €3,60, Platskartny was €1,50 (uncomfortable, but if you book on the same day Kupe might be only available for a train taking 12 instead of 6 hours)
    Counter 3 and 4 are for trains on the same day
    Counter 6 is for advanced booking to Chernivtsi (and some other places)
    Counter 7 if you want to return your ticket (you get about 50% back)

L'vov trainstation L'vov L'vov L'vov trainstation L'vov

• by akishelsinki Updated Sep 5, 2008

Hi there,

I am having the same problem. I am trying to get a train ticket from Warsaw to Lviv for Friday Semtember 12th,2009.

DB.DE doesn't tell the price, but I understand that, if I had more time their customer service would fix me a ticket.

I registered to Polish site, but there I can buy and print a ticket only to the border (Przemysl 96z(=30Euro)). http://rozklad-pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en?

By now one travel agency in Warsaw has emailed me, that they don't sell train tickets any more. The others??

This web site: http://www.polrail.com/ tells that they can fix tickets, but the prosessing time is maybe more than 7 days.

I suppose I need to do the same as last summer. We bought the tickets right when we arrived to Poland. No problem in buying, but we nearly had a problem with mixup with two trains which were running late...

On the Ukrainian site (www.uz.gov.ua) I can find prices only inside Ukraine. Time tables even to Berlin (But notice that there more Berlins than one!)

Last summer I took one of these busses: www.bus.com.ua from Lviv to Germany. I DID LIKE THE RIDE, but it is not too easy way of travelling:
    On the site I reserved the ticket and I was happy, all settled (I thought).
    When I went to buy the ticket at the bus station, the lady told that the perticular bus company doesn't give tickets to the bus station. So I managed to find the office of this company. They told that they don't work with bus station system in the summer time! Great! Any tickets? No, the buss is full. Then I decided to take any ticket, so I ended travelling to Dresden, not to Berlin. My bus had started from Kiev, so in Lviv after 555km it was late one hour. Eventually the bus was HOURS late in Dresden, because first the Ukrainian customs and finally Polish boarder guards at the German border hadn't got their sallaries/pribes or something! To save time, the bus had it stop in Dresden in the outskirts of the city (which is understandable on trips for more than 2000km).

Well now getting ready for this years autumn adventures ;-)

• Trains

• L'vov Hotels

0 Hotels in L'vov

Instant Answers: L'vov

Comments

L'vov Travel Guide
Map of L'vov