Massandra Off The Beaten Path

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

40 Years later

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Mar 18, 2007

Massandra - I lived here 40 years ago

For the first time I arrived to have a rest in Massandra in 1967 together with my parents. I was 13 years old. Whether I could then imagine that later 40 years (in 2007) I would go down to the sea and rise up again from the sea along the same mountain tracks!

When I got a free hour in the early morning this January, I climbed upstairs from the hotel which was situated in Massandra Park and passed again on the same tracks which I went 40 years ago and have taken pleasure of nostalgia from my childhood. I found an old building of the departmental hotel in which we lived that summer.

It seemed to me, that almost nothing has changed there. It hasn’t any repair since that time. Only cypresses became higher…

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Mar 17, 2007

The Bottom Massandra Park

The Massandra Park is one of the greatest on the Southern coast of the Crimea. It settles down below a trolleybus line and above the hotel "Yalta" and Drazhinsky Street. The park is rich with exotic kinds of trees and bushes (nearby 200 kinds).

In Massandra Park which was constructed at the beginning of the XIX century more than 250 kinds and garden forms of plants grow. In that ancient landscape park together with local kinds such as: pubescent oak, pistache amblyophyllous, Crimean pine, high juniper, butcher's broom, strawberry tree many exotic ones grow such as: cypresses, giant sequoyadendron, cedars, noble laurel, magnolia large-flowered, Japan cedar, bamboo, insignis pine, bark pine, bristlecone fir and others.

It is good that it has kept natural vegetation for the Crimea. Roads for medical walking are laid in the park; walks by mountain bicycle are good also. To the West from the park it is possible to get out to very original abrupt streets of the Polikur hill, to the Yalta memorial cemetery, church of Joann Zlatoust and then to go down to the center.

• National/State Park

Instant Answers: Massandra

Comments

Massandra Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Massandra off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Massandra sightseeing.