Morshin Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Morshin

picture from the past

by catnl Updated Jan 19, 2005
    family pictures

At my grandparents house i saw those pictures on the wall every timei came, after my uncle dimitri passed away i was allowed to take it home ,its a huge photo framed in old wood, in 2003 i only took the photo and in 2004 i took the frame with my by buss and now its in my own home in Eindhoven.

on the left my aunt Ira and on the right my mam

• catnl's Profile Photo

Local markets/rinoks with domestic food etc.

by catnl Updated Aug 17, 2003

Rinok at Morshin 2002

On the picture:
    My aunts Natalka and Ira on the local rinok of Morszyn.
    Its Natalka's sellingspace where she sells clothings and shoes, modern ones as well!

Women are selling "moloko" (milk) fresh every day, almost on every street corner.
    On most markets/rinoks you can also buy fresh meat, fruit and vegetables, toiletries, clothing shoes etc.

Once i even saw the head of the cow shown as well..............ieeeek! But that wasnt in Morshin..
    They showed it to let people know which cow the meat was from....!
    People from Western Europe arent used to such ways of selling meat

Morszyn Internetcafe and Telecom July 2003

by catnl Updated Aug 16, 2003

Morshin Internetcafe and Telecom 2002

July 2003
    And yes again this trip i went several times to the internetcafe, the only one they have...
    A new picture is put on the intropage..

February 2002
    Yes there is internet wow iam so happy, now i can comminicate in an easy way with my family and friends in Holland.
    Very cheap! Its amazing such a progress..
    when u walk into the center there is the postoffice and upstairs a small coffecorner and next to it an open space with i think 5-10 computers.
    Most of the time i saw only children between 8-15 years playing games. I dont think they went online.

Price: 4 grivna for 1 hour. If u wanna go on the internet in the weekend make sure to make a reservation, cause its hard to get one of the 8 pc's they have here.

Younger generation also speaks English

by catnl Written Jan 3, 2003

On the picture: daughter of my cousin.
    Her name is Irina or short Ira, she is studying and living in London for about 3 yrs. now.
    When i was in Morszyn she, my cousin Yuri and i used to make long walks through the park and the center and we took a Ukrainian-English Dictionairy with us. She teached me ukrainian and i improved her English.
    That how we communicated most of the time.
    We have contact now through the internet.

• catnl's Profile Photo

Locals drink water out of a reservoir when walking

Morszyn mineral water

My family and i went for a walk and my uncle took some small can with him.
    On the way to the center u will find places where u can tap some mineral water.
    On the picture my uncle, his dog and my aunt and i near such a waterplace

Mineral waters for healthtreatment

by catnl Written Jan 3, 2003

The mineral waterplace at Morszyn, amazing it looks almost the same as the Evoluon building at Eindhoven.
    What a coincedence.
    People come here to drink mineralwater. They take special small cans in their pockets to drink some on their way.

• Spa and Resort
    • Eco-Tourism

Unfinished homes

by catnl Updated Jan 1, 2003

Morszyn

I saw many unfinished homes because lack of money, materials and water!
    After the independance of Ukraine many locals lost their money and went poor in 1 day!

My uncle and cousin build a second home behind their own house, but its still unfinised for all those reasons. I dont think it will be finished shortly.
    Both passed away this year so only my aunt is living there now with a small pension..

Cemetry

by catnl Updated Jul 12, 2004

Cemetry Morshin 2003

Cemetry at Mosrhin where my uncle and cousin were berried in 2002.
    The picture i took when i was visiting in july 2003. Thats the hard part when when u live in another country..

Instant Answers: Morshin

Comments

Morshin Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Morshin local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Morshin sightseeing.