Visiting Ivano-Frankovsk (Stanislawow), and walking along the main street (only for walkers), you can meet that gambling point.
Well we had one bad experience in Yalta. One morngin in 5 am when we where sleeping, our firends woke up and one bag was gone in the table. In the bad there was passport and 200 dollars. The bag was from window about 1 , 5 m away. So it has to be taken with some fish for or some bludgeon. The window was open and apartment was in first floor. Olso there was bars on the window.
When you are at home then dont keep your thing spread.
Ukraina is a beautifull country, but you can be surprised with a few queer facts:
- very few quantity of grocery shops out of bigger cities, also they are very poor local trade points.
- very fiew sanitary points (WC) everywhere, additionaly they are in awfull standard
- sometimes you can buy stamps for postcards without glue on the back side, so you have to find another shop to buy or borrow any glue.
- standards of hotels in Ukraina is generally poor. their 3 stars hotel is adequate to lower standard in the West
- especially in Lvov you can meet hotels and other places where there is a lack of water at all for a few hours a day or only lack of hot water. This is caused by general troubles with water in this region.
- very bad state of roads, and few road signs
Castles in South Western Ukraina are beautifull. Some of them are destroied but others are reconstructed and rebuilt. Here you can see only a few castles in Kameniec Podolski, Skala Kamieniecka (ruins) and Chocim on Dniestr River.