Yalta Restaurants

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Soup House: Cafeteria

by Dabs Written May 6, 2010
    Soup House

We stopped here for lunch based on a review from Lonely Planet, the food is served cafeteria style and the dining area furnished with lime green plastic chairs.

Favorite Dish: There's a small selection of Ukrainian dishes, all of which required reheating in a microwave. It was expensive in comparison to similar places we stopped in both Kiev and Yalta, the food here was nothing special.

• olgaehr's Profile Photo

Golden Fleece Restaurant: Local's Opinion

by olgaehr Written Oct 26, 2007

Golden Fleece Restaurant

Ok, so we actually did not go there even though we were going to.
    when we asked out hotel concierge, she made this face that she would never eat there.

She told me that originally it was a good restaurant, then they turned it into a club, then restaurant again. So it's god knows what now.

Once again, I did not eat there, but locals did not recommend it to me.

• olgaehr's Profile Photo

Hutorok La Mer: Finally found some real Ukrainian Food

by olgaehr Written Oct 26, 2007

Restaurant outside

Finding authentic Ukrainian food in Ukraine is more difficult then you think.
    Since they are still westernizing there, you can find Italian, French, Thai etc.
    You can even find Sushi in a French Cafe (totally weird).

After long search for something authentic, our hotel recommended this restaurant.
    Apparently it's high end and of course when we were there we saw people who spoke some other foreign language or someone with Moscow accent.

But the food was worth it. And for Americans it still seems cheap.
    We spent $50 on so many different dishes and ironically out of the total my mojito was $10 (I know, who orders mojito in Ukraine, hahahahaah)

We went back there again on a 3rd day, because this was one place where the food did not make my husband sick.

Favorite Dish: Green Borsh (sounds weird, but it was delicious), Cabbage Rolls (golubtsy), Dumplings (pelmeni), Vareniki stuffed with cherries, cottage cheese. Honestly everything on their menu is excellent.

Their dumplings and varenkiki had such a delicate dough, even my grandma does not make it like that. I asked them if i could go and learn how they make it and the waiter told me it's their "secret". Apparently their pastry chef learned it in the village somewhere in Western Ukraine and he does not share the recipe.

Cafe near the Quey: Delicious, nourishing and cheap

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Mar 8, 2007

Yalta-

After the excursion to Alupka we returned to Yalta when has already darkened. To have dinner it was already late and to have supper it was still early. Therefore we combined two receptions of food for once in one of numerous cafes on the quay.

It costed us 280 grivnas for 5 persons with Crimean Madera (10$ for person).

Dining room in the hotel "Crimea": Quick and cheap

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Mar 8, 2007

Yalta - Dining room in the hotel

We advise to take advantage of this dining room if you want to have dinner quickly not waiting for preparations of dishes. We had less then half of an hour between two excursions and our guide has brought us there.

The dinner for 6 persons costed 118 grivnas (20 grivnas for the person - less $4).

Treasure Island: Just on the quey

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Mar 8, 2007

Yalta - Treasure Island restaurant

There are both expensive restaurants, and inexpensive dining rooms in the area of the quay “Nabka”. We chose a restaurant on the open air. It was very amusing to have a meal in January on the Sea coast, listen to the waves and watch seagulls…

Being a little bit tired after the long excursion day we enjoyed “Soljanka from fish”, “Gharkoye" and “Salmon” with local beer.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Espaniola: To plunge into the atmosphere of a film

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Mar 8, 2007

Yalta - Espaniola restaurant

An expensive restaurant is located on a schooner which was constructed for the Soviet famous film "Island of treasures".
    It's well known because of the song by Andrey Makarevich and "Mashina Vremeni" which was very popular in 1980th.

"Na beregu tak oghivljonno, ljudno,
    A u vodi visitsja kak miragh
    Grozni korabl' drevnee chie-to sudno,
    Teshit zevak i ukrashaet pljazh"

Lenin's quay, 35-g,
    39-06-31,
    From 11.00

• musbars's Profile Photo

"Livadia" restaurant

by musbars Written May 11, 2004

The menu includes:

Appetizers: black caviar, salted salmon, vegetables, cooked mushrooms.
    First course: Sturgeon fish soup
    Second course: "Royal hunt" (meat with special sauce).
    Dessert: Blyny with fruit
    Drinks: Vodka, Cabernet red wine, mineral water, tea or coffee.

Favorite Dish: Black caviar, sturgeon.

• eriste's Profile Photo

Ctodobar (many of them): The cheapest restaurants in Yalta

by eriste Updated Oct 13, 2003

There are several places with the text that looks like
    "ctodobar"
    in Cyrillic alphabet.
    I could find at least 5-6 of them.

It is phonetically something like
    "stodovaja"

These are places where local people eat.
    Menu is only in Ukrainian but you can point what you want. So if you can manage with ordering of food you can eat very cheap a meal of home-made food style.

With 1,5 Euro I had a meal including
    spaghetti soup with a piece of meat including bone, a small portion of mashed potatoes with meat and a round piece of some kind of bread or pie.
    It coasted 8,5 Grivnas, which is about 1,5 Euro.
    Nothing special but good for its price.

P.S.
    As mentioned in another tips:
    - All restaurants by the beach road are expensive at least 10 Euro for a meal.
    Elsewhere you can get a meal for 3-5 Euro in a Restaurant.
    - The price for 100 grams is used in some Restaurants, which can be confusing .

• Spartak: You have to visit this place!!!

by Oxanita Written Apr 24, 2003

Spartak invitation

That was the first time I had a nice diner out in Yalta. This is not a tipical restaurant, though the food is delicious, but there is a perfect bar with a huge collections of coctails and the best work of barmen, it is a best sound and disco-house-pop music. I liked most everything here and people are very kind and friendly. You can not imaging how I was surprised when I saw my bill. I had pleasure twice more then I paid. So next time I am in Yalta I will be here for breakfast, lunch and diner.

Favorite Dish: I liked barbequ chiken wings and Chiken frikase. I liked salad "SPARTAK" that is a sea food coctail.

• Singles
    • Music

• beluga's Profile Photo

Spanish Galleon stranded in Yalta

by beluga Updated Mar 31, 2003

This is the Hispaniola. This ship was used in a movie, now it's in use as a restaurant.

It's located opposite of Oreanda, one of the biggest and most luxurious hotels of Yalta.

The food was ok, meals tend to be fish based but it wasn't "super". Food-wise, i liked Gurman better. However, the Hispaniola does offer a nice view over the sea or over the main boulevard running along the harbour.

• beluga's Profile Photo

Gurman: This is the entrance to Gurman...

by beluga Updated Mar 31, 2003

This is the entrance to Gurman (my favorite restarant in Yalta) and Tornado, a nightclub. Gurman is by far the best restaurant i found in Yalta: good quality food and good service. I recommend it.
    Location: It's located on a little side street of the main avenue along the shore. It's NOT on the side of the gallion (see picture below) but on the harbour side.

• Tanechka's Profile Photo

This ship was an active...

by Tanechka Written Aug 24, 2002

This ship was an active participant in many films that were made here in Yalta. Now it is a restaurant and if you would like to compare good kitchen with the sound of the sea waves you are wellcome!

Instant Answers: Yalta

Comments

Yalta Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Yalta restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Yalta sightseeing.