Yalta Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Yalta

• Assenczo's Profile Photo

To be or not to be

by Assenczo Updated Oct 23, 2005

Arriving by plane in Crimea leaves the options of bus, taxi or trolley journey from Simferopol to the Yalta coast. For the Guinness record seekers it is the "the longest trolley line in the world" that would be the first choice. I was inclined to fall into the celebrity trap too but at the time there were frequent power cuts, I had a hotel to find and camping in the back seat of a trolleybus did not sound as romantic as it does now. The bus option was very attractive money wise but I had to wait a bit compared to the aggressive offers coming from the upstart businessmen with their "taxi" services. The original amount was not a deal at all but after the dust settled down and the hardliners gave up hope in me, I was approached by a fellow willing to compromise. He offered me a rate that equal a city ride in St. Petersburg (where I came from) meaning a very negligible expense considering the 100 or so kilometers from the airport to Yalta. The reasoning behind was that he was going one way to Yalta for an errand anyway so why not give me this discount!? Well, who cares if the price is right? By the way, the car was an older roomy Mercedes Benz and included cultural introduction and qualified guide insights to the places we drove by.

• mini bus

by flavoredtoothpaste Written Jul 8, 2005

Well, in order to get to Yalta you will obviously visit Simferopol which is the capital of beautiful Crimea. Once there, head to the train station and buy yourself a mini bus ticket to Yalta for about $3 one way. Its probably the easiest way to get there. Cab drivers will charge about $30 per person during the summer season. The mini bus ticket office is located next to McDonald's.

• School Holidays

• stella-artois's Profile Photo

Taxi from Simeferopol to Yalta

by stella-artois Written Sep 23, 2004

There are many taxis willing to take you to Yalta from Simeferopol. But dont pay more than $20 American to get there. Simply shop around for the cheapest taxi you can find. There are plenty that will try to take advantage of you but eventually you will find one willing to get you there for a decent price.

• stella-artois's Profile Photo

Unpleasant Train Ride

by stella-artois Written Sep 23, 2004

I started my trip in the city of Donetsk. In order to get to Yalta, you have to go to Simferopol first. Unfortunately my friend and I chose to get there by train. Big mistake. This form of travel may be alright for some but I didnt enjoy it at all. I had actually been looking forward to the train---I figured it would be an enjoyable experience. But the minute I got on the train I knew I had made a mistake. And it was a 10 hour trip to Simferopol. I dont want to offend anyone but it was just a bit dirty for me. I'm not one to shy away from getting my hands dirty---but not on a train! And it wasnt exactly a smooth ride---my eyeballs hurt for 3 days from the constant rattling of the train. I'm not even going to talk about the condition of the bathroom---I found myself wishing that my bladder was twice its normal size just so I wouldnt have to use the bathroom. But no luck. And I took the train back to Donetsk 2 weeks later. I'll be flying next time.

• Trains

• Pupa's Profile Photo

From Yalta to Anywhere

by Pupa Written Mar 29, 2004

From Yalta you can get anywhere in the Crimea using a bus, but it's much better to take a boat, it will take you a bit longer, but you'll be able to rest and enjoy beautiful views and pleasant breeze.

• By train or airplane to...

by maxovna Written Sep 12, 2002

By train or airplane to Simferopol (Mid Crimea) and then by car or by trolleybus to Yalta.
    If you go from Yalta to the airport of Simferopol by a trolleybus, bear in mind that it can break any time, and you'll experience plenty of unpleasant moments, especially if you have absolutely no money to take a taxi and arrive at the airport time. It happened with us, but we still managed to check in our plane in the last seconds!

• aliante1981's Profile Photo

Four ways to get there!

by aliante1981 Updated Sep 4, 2002

To get to Yalta you have four major options.

One - trains from Simferopol'.

Two - you can take public buses from almost any town situated nearby.

Three - you can rent a car and go there on your own (but beware of bad roads).

Four - if you are staying in a Crimean resort, check for excursions to Yalta and all the places described in my Yalta and Simferopol' pages.

• beluga's Profile Photo

Best way to get to Yalta is by...

by beluga Written Aug 26, 2002

Best way to get to Yalta is by train. But simferopol on the Crimea has an airport too.

Around Yalta, best take a cab. If you are travelling with a Russian speaking person, it helps to keep down costs, provided foreigners like me keep their mouths shut during price negotiations. If they notice you're a foreigner, prices can triple.

• IngaA's Profile Photo

The main point is to get to Sympheropil

by IngaA Written Aug 24, 2002

Usualy the central point of Crimea is Symferopil. all the trains and flights come there.
    Going from Symferopil to Yalta is very easy. there are special trolleybuses, buses and 'marshroute taxis' to Yalta. Directly from the central railway station.

• Andrew_Vodo's Profile Photo

Yalta is a very small city, so...

by Andrew_Vodo Updated Aug 24, 2002

Yalta is a very small city, so you will not be able to get there by train or airplane. There is no train station or airport in this city. So the best and easiest way to get there is to get to Simferopol by train or airplane, and then take a bus (trolleybus) to Yalta.

• OLGHA's Profile Photo

From Simferopel...

by OLGHA Written Aug 24, 2002

From Simferopel airport,Trolleybus or if you want it a little faster ask privat driver,should be 25-30§!!!
    Take a minibus they go everywhere and they are very cheap.
    So when you at last got to YALTA take a privat Sachliki Party !!!!

Instant Answers: Yalta

Comments

Yalta Transportation

Reviews and photos of Yalta transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Yalta sightseeing.