Yalta Transportation

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Seaport

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Mar 8, 2007

Yalta - Seaport

The bay in Yalta never was considered very convenient. During ancient times and in the XIXth century it seriously broke the development of the city. However later the seaport was constructed and it began to accept sea vessels. During Soviet times cruises Odessa - Batumi - Odessa with coming in other cities of the Soviet Black Sea coast, including Yalta used the big popularity. Now this kind of rest has practically stopped its existence.

I have seen following possible variants of short voyages in the seaport of Yalta.
    The eastern direction: Nikita, Gurzuf, Partenit, Professorial Corner, Alushta, Solnechnogorsk, Malorechensky, Rybachy.
    The western direction: Livadia, Mishor, Zolotoy Bereg, Alupka.
    It is possible to get an excursion to Istanbul in summer time.

In 1972 and 1973 we often sailed to Alupka because of its more convenient and deserted beaches.

Roosevelt street, 5.
    City mooring, Lenin's quay.
    Phone 38-0654-32-56-22 (38-Ukraine, 0654-Yalta)
    Information on the schedule, 38-0654-32-42-74 Cash departments are on quay, phone 38-0654-32-00-94.

• yumyum's Profile Photo

By cable car to Ai Petri

by yumyum Written Dec 9, 2006

Ai Petri cable car

Take marshrutka (mini bus) no. 27 from Yalta main bus station to the bottom station of the Ai Petri cable car. The fare up the mountain on Europe's longest hanging stretch without poles was 15 UAH one way in 2004. There is a middle station where you change cable cars.

• Opondili01's Profile Photo

Get around Yalta easly at a cheapest cost

by Opondili01 Written Jul 30, 2013

at the bus station

Around Yalta, you can take a mini bus for a very cheap cost less that 0.50 USD . you can get a bus from anybus stop or at the bus station. eg too Zoopark.its very easy to get the bus at the bus station. if you can speak Russian just try and mention the place you are going to. You will be able to get around.

please note there is no train station in Yalta.. if you need a train you have to take a bus to simferaple about 50 km away. the buses can be found at the bus station in yalta.

• School Holidays

• stella-artois's Profile Photo

Taxi from Simeferopol to Yalta

by stella-artois Written Sep 23, 2004

There are many taxis willing to take you to Yalta from Simeferopol. But dont pay more than $20 American to get there. Simply shop around for the cheapest taxi you can find. There are plenty that will try to take advantage of you but eventually you will find one willing to get you there for a decent price.

From Kiev to Yalta, Crimea

by vdadu Updated Apr 27, 2007

I Took this train....

If you are in Kiev and want to visit Yalta (in Crimea), really a cool place and a unique combination of Sea, Mountain & Snow, catch a train from Kiev Railway station called Vokzal. Prefer to have a evening train so that u can reach Yalta in the morning. Total train Journey lasts for around 16hrs and will cost u around $16-$18.

One thing to remember is that there is no direct train to Yalta.....u have to break ur journey in Simperofol from where u can take a minibus/trolley bus to reach to Yalta. Duration for bus journey will be around 1.5 to 2 hours and will cost u around USD4.

• Trains

From Yalta Beach to Swallow Nest

by vdadu Written Apr 29, 2007

Yalta Beach from where we had started our journey

If you want to go to Swallow nest via motor boat, it is available from Yalta Beach. Although, lot of private boat are also available but it is better to prefer Government services.

As I had visited the place in April, these ferries start from 1120Hrs till 1515hrs but the frequency of the same will increase in summer as told to me. One side journey which lasts for 30 minutes (approx) will cost around 20UAH & the same ticket will cost you 30UAH if u prefer deck.

You can see lot of dolphins in Black sea.

• Beaches
    • Cruise

Swallow Nest to AI-Patri

by vdadu Written Apr 29, 2007

Going back from Ai-Patri

There are two options to vist Ai-Patri i.e by taxi or by trolley. In order to enjoy the fullest, we had travelled from Swallow Nest to Ai-Patri by Taxi and came back by Trolley. The way to Ai-patri, by road, is 'The beautiful' and u will have various other amusements in between like Waterfall, Sight seeing from midway and finally to Ai-Patri.

By taxi, total travelling duration is about 3hours and will cost somewhere around 150UAH (1USD=5UAH) but it is worth paying. If u are not alone, it will also be cheap.

By trolley, total travellling duration is approximately 30 minutes and will cost u around 25UAH per person.

If u don't have much time to spend in travelling then u can use trolley both ways.

• Mountain Climbing

• yumyum's Profile Photo

By boat

by yumyum Written Dec 9, 2006

Swallow's nest jetty

From Yalta you can take a boat to the Swallow's Nest. You can buy the ticket beforehand at the cashier opposite the jetty. In May 2004 the return price was 15 UAH. On the return trip I saw 3 dolphins.

• Assenczo's Profile Photo

To be or not to be

by Assenczo Updated Oct 23, 2005

Arriving by plane in Crimea leaves the options of bus, taxi or trolley journey from Simferopol to the Yalta coast. For the Guinness record seekers it is the "the longest trolley line in the world" that would be the first choice. I was inclined to fall into the celebrity trap too but at the time there were frequent power cuts, I had a hotel to find and camping in the back seat of a trolleybus did not sound as romantic as it does now. The bus option was very attractive money wise but I had to wait a bit compared to the aggressive offers coming from the upstart businessmen with their "taxi" services. The original amount was not a deal at all but after the dust settled down and the hardliners gave up hope in me, I was approached by a fellow willing to compromise. He offered me a rate that equal a city ride in St. Petersburg (where I came from) meaning a very negligible expense considering the 100 or so kilometers from the airport to Yalta. The reasoning behind was that he was going one way to Yalta for an errand anyway so why not give me this discount!? Well, who cares if the price is right? By the way, the car was an older roomy Mercedes Benz and included cultural introduction and qualified guide insights to the places we drove by.

• Pupa's Profile Photo

From Yalta to Anywhere

by Pupa Written Mar 29, 2004

From Yalta you can get anywhere in the Crimea using a bus, but it's much better to take a boat, it will take you a bit longer, but you'll be able to rest and enjoy beautiful views and pleasant breeze.

• By train or airplane to...

by maxovna Written Sep 12, 2002

By train or airplane to Simferopol (Mid Crimea) and then by car or by trolleybus to Yalta.
    If you go from Yalta to the airport of Simferopol by a trolleybus, bear in mind that it can break any time, and you'll experience plenty of unpleasant moments, especially if you have absolutely no money to take a taxi and arrive at the airport time. It happened with us, but we still managed to check in our plane in the last seconds!

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Boat to Swallow's Nest

by Dabs Written Jun 11, 2009

We walked over to the boardwalk to find the boats to Swallow's Nest, the 1st booth we approached had a sailing at 11am, over an hour later, and claimed they were the only boat going there so we were going to go back to the hotel to get an umbrella when I saw another window advertising a boat going there at 10am so we purchased tickets for that one. The ticket booths had signs that said Swallow's Nest and a picture of it.

You can buy a round trip ticket for 50uah or a one way ticket for 30 uah, if you buy the round trip ticket it sounded like you had about 40 minutes to walk around which is more than plenty seeing as you can't enter the Swallow's Nest unless you eat at the restaurant there.

• olgaehr's Profile Photo

Ways around

by olgaehr Written Dec 7, 2007

Took the train from Dnepropetrovsk to Simferopol - about 11 hrs.

Once we got to Simferopol, we took marshrutka (local public taxi), it was about 20 gryvnyas for 2 hrs per person and they drop you off at Yalta bus stop.

If you need to get to your hotel from there, ask the driver and they can help you out how to get there or if he feels like it he will offer to drop you off at your hotel.

• mini bus

by flavoredtoothpaste Written Jul 8, 2005

Well, in order to get to Yalta you will obviously visit Simferopol which is the capital of beautiful Crimea. Once there, head to the train station and buy yourself a mini bus ticket to Yalta for about $3 one way. Its probably the easiest way to get there. Cab drivers will charge about $30 per person during the summer season. The mini bus ticket office is located next to McDonald's.

• School Holidays

• stella-artois's Profile Photo

Unpleasant Train Ride

by stella-artois Written Sep 23, 2004

I started my trip in the city of Donetsk. In order to get to Yalta, you have to go to Simferopol first. Unfortunately my friend and I chose to get there by train. Big mistake. This form of travel may be alright for some but I didnt enjoy it at all. I had actually been looking forward to the train---I figured it would be an enjoyable experience. But the minute I got on the train I knew I had made a mistake. And it was a 10 hour trip to Simferopol. I dont want to offend anyone but it was just a bit dirty for me. I'm not one to shy away from getting my hands dirty---but not on a train! And it wasnt exactly a smooth ride---my eyeballs hurt for 3 days from the constant rattling of the train. I'm not even going to talk about the condition of the bathroom---I found myself wishing that my bladder was twice its normal size just so I wouldnt have to use the bathroom. But no luck. And I took the train back to Donetsk 2 weeks later. I'll be flying next time.

• Trains

Instant Answers: Yalta

Comments

Yalta Transportation

Reviews and photos of Yalta transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Yalta sightseeing.