Bangor Travel Guide

by Roeffie

Bangor Things to Do

• lomi's Profile Photo

by lomi Updated Jun 27, 2010

This town is not jumping with life for the tourist.

But because of the university located here, there are many ancillary things to do, and usually in term time. ie A theatre, museum and art gallery and lots of pubs and cheap cafe's.

There are some high street shops, (an M&S food hall and a large Debenhams) but it is the Cinderella of Wales' shopping, apart from Holyhead of course!

• by Gwenllian Written Apr 30, 2008

For a wonderfully nostalgic afternoon I highly recommend a leisurely train ride along the recently reinstated Welsh Highland Railway which runs from the old Slate Quay in Caernarfon and will ultimately go all the way through the wondrous Snowdonia landscape to Porthmadoc. This has not been a mean feat for the dedicated people involved but one that I'm certain will be appreciated by both locals and tourists alike for years to come. The feedback from my fellow travellers, a family of four generations from Cheltenham, was of high praise indeed, and if you're ever in the vicinity, and have a couple of hours to spare, do yourself a big favour and hop aboard!

• 1 more image

by Gwenllian Updated Apr 30, 2008

If your looking for something exiting to do in Snowdonia try karting at Redline Indoor Karting, Caernarfon. I had never been karting before, except for an outdoor track once when I was about 12, so I was a bit nervous of trying it out. My friends all jeered at me and so I had to do it. It was honestly the best experience ever. I never would have believed how much of a buzz you get from it and now go whenever we fancy something other than the pub!
    The centre is new and so everything is properly set up, the staff are great at explaining and guiding you if you're unsure about anything and there's a really nice friendly vibe to the place. It can get busy there though and I ve noticed a lot of families, mums, dads and kids there at times so I avoid going the same time as them. Good place to see some fit guys too, including one or two nice ones working there!. Snowdonia is a lovely place but there arent many option of things to do when the weather isnt great and this is one that I thoroughly recommend.

• Business Travel

Bangor Hotels

Bangor Restaurants

• by SteOrd Written Oct 31, 2009

A party of 12 dined there last night, my god what an awful experience, food tasteless, service none, waiting half an hour between courses. We have been there before and had a similar experience, on that occassion we where informed that they have been extremly busy that night and that is why the food was so poor and the sevice abysmal. At least they are consitently bad. Should you have to use the toilets they are down some very steep stairs and the place sank of dampness it hit the back of your throat when negotiating the stairs.

this place is the pits

Favorite Dish: 12 different dishes orderd and not one was ok

• lomi's Profile Photo

by lomi Updated Apr 27, 2005

an Italian family have owned this restaurant since 1952.

It has recently had a make over and is a good find in the high street. Pizza's, pasta, salads and snacks. Great for a coffee break.

Nice cosmopolitan feel to the place in this Welsh university town.

Favorite Dish: My nephew who is very fussy (he has an Italian father) loves the pizzas.

• Bangor Hotels

• Business Travel

Bangor Off The Beaten Path

• by Gwenllian Written Apr 30, 2008

Instant Answers: Bangor

Comments

Bangor Travel Guide
Map of Bangor