Beeston Travel Guide

• Restaurants
    by Piggy73

Beeston Restaurants

• Piggy73's Profile Photo

The Flying Goose: Perfect for vegans or vegetarians and...

by Piggy73 Updated Nov 12, 2012

The cafe is rather small so seating is quite limited. It must have a good reputation as it was almost full when we arrived and potential customers left when there was no availability.

The lady that came to take our order said that they had run out of a few things as they had been unusually busy that day.

I ordered a spinach and lentil burger and my husband ordered a greek platter. As they were busy (they did tell us) it was about 30 minutes before we got our food. We were not in a rush, there were papers to read - so we did not mind. It was a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Unfortunately when I bit into my burger - it was actually a bean burger. When the lady asked if everything was ok I mentioned about the burger and she was extremely apologetic - I did say that I didn't want to re-order as I was really hungry.

When my husband paid the bill the lady insisted on not charging us for our coffees which was a really nice gesture - as she had clearly made a mistake with my order.

Favorite Dish: I have only eaten here once - so can only say that the food they were serving looked very nice.

I felt that the bean burger was not anything special - it tasted just liked the ones we buy from the supermarket. However, based on the food that was being served and the fact that my husband was happy with his dish I would eat there again - but not choose a burger.

Instant Answers: Beeston

Comments

Beeston Travel Guide
Map of Beeston