Carshalton Travel Guide

Carshalton Ponds
    Carshalton Park

Carshalton Things to Do

by josiejo Updated Aug 12, 2007

Carshalton is well known for it's lavender. These fields are the same location lavender was grown in the 18th and 19th century - you are able to walk around the fields today, an especially good time is mid-July onwards when the lavender starts to harvest.

• Eco-Tourism

Good for: Business

Carshalton Restaurants

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

by CdnJane Written Jul 2, 2013

Being close to their place, I gather this is a restaurant that my cousins frequent, and to no small degree because the staff welcomed the youngest of us, an almost 3 year old, very warmly. It was a great location, right next to the rail line, which made it good for us to return to London and our hotel.
    I was very pleased with the service, the food and prices. It was a great evening, and I really appreciated seeing how kind the staff were to the little one. If I lived in the area, I'd return again.

Favorite Dish: We had some wonderful bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and there was a dish of olives too, to start. Three of our party had pizzas, and the waiter made suggestions to make the wee one's pizza not as spicy. Her crust came looking like a turtle - definitely no pre-made pizza dough here! I had the lasagna and it was delicious. My cousin's wife had the lamb, which looked delicious. Two of us had cheesecake for dessert - and it was lovely and creamy good.

• Trains

by josiejo Updated Apr 4, 2011

Recently refurbished, the chef makes great pub grub at a really reasonable price - an excellent vegetarian selection, and an area where parents can dine (and there's baby changing facilities).

Sundays can be extremely busy, but weekdays are quiet - food is served until 3pm and then 6pm onwards.

There's also a good selection of beers on offer.

Favorite Dish: Vegetarian Quesadilla - really tasty, fresh ingredients, very filling - and only £6.

• Carshalton Hotels

1 Hotels in Carshalton

Carshalton Shopping

by josiejo Written Oct 14, 2007

If you happen to find yourself in Carshalton, about a minutes walk from the ponds, is a shop called 'Naturally Thinking'. It's a lovely smelling shop, using a lot of Carshalton Lavender in it's products - and none of the products are tested on animals. They also do other treatments, like massage.

What to buy: 'Cream Of Youth' - it's cheap, and very very good - my skin has been so much better since I started using it!

Instant Answers: Carshalton

Comments

Carshalton Travel Guide
Map of Carshalton