Elgin Restaurants

by balfor

Most Recent Restaurants in Elgin

Pizzeria Toscana: good atmosphere

by iaint Updated Jun 26, 2011

We'd wandered past a few places before bumping into this one - which had just been suggested by my cousin an hour or so earlier. I also remembered it from an earlier visit.

It's small and atmospheric. The food is basic rather than trying to be sophisticated, but the prices reflect that.

Service was efficient and friendly. The food was fine too.

Favorite Dish: Pizza - it was good.

Qismat: Spiceee

by iaint Updated Dec 19, 2008

Had dinner here in December 08, the week before Christmas. I'd been here about 5 years previously, and was pleased to find it's still good.

Huge choice on the menu. Many of the main courses were completely new to me - I must go back and try some more!

Service was quick and friendly but not rushed or "in your face". Mind you, the place was quieter than I expected for the time of year.

Favorite Dish: I don't remember what I had on my 1st visit, so it has to be what I had last time.

A spiced potato starter, followed by South Indian garlic chili chicken (with boiled rice & chapati). The curry was very spicy and had tons of garlic in it. Delicious, but anti social.

Scribbles: Good value!

by iaint Written Nov 9, 2008

The place is almost classifiable as Italian. Lots of pizzas and pasta. However, they do plenty of other stuff too.

Its relaxed, busy and not fancy. Service is quick and effective, even at peak time on a Saturday night.

Cost £30 - for 2 pizzas and 2 desserts, plus 2 bottles of cider for me (well, it was Saturday!).

Favorite Dish: I has the Etna pizza - pepperoni and chilli topping - with cold cider.

Just what I needed after a 3 hour drive, mostly in the dark!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Mieles of Lossie: Real Italian Ice Cream with a Scottish flavour

by scottishvisitor Updated Nov 5, 2007

Just before we left Lossiemouth to return the short journey back to Elgin, Grant said that we couldn't come to Lossie without sampling some ice cream. So we all popped into Mieles cafe - what a wonderful range of flavours and a difficult job for four adults and two children to choose which would be the finest.

Favorite Dish: I followed Grant's lead and chose Irn Bru flavoured ice cream :) very refreshing and fruity. If you are ever in Lossie don't break with tradition - sample some of this delicious ice cream.

• Moxx's Profile Photo

The Pancake Place: Savoury or Sweet? Whats your fancy?

by Moxx Written Mar 9, 2003

As the restaurants name suggests it sells pancakes!! Yummy!
    Various savoury or sweet pancake dishes to choose from. Although you can order jacket potatoes, burgers and all the rest.
    Ideal to pop in for a quick coffee and scone. They always have specials on.
    This resturant has become a particular favourite of mine during the long working day. Ideal for relaxing.
    Small cafe with prompt service and delightful staff.

Favorite Dish: I recommend the sweet pancake of Syrup, cream and Bananas. Very sticky, very messy but a good eat!

• Moxx's Profile Photo

Abbey court: Perfect for a special celebration

by Moxx Updated Mar 7, 2003

This is one of the finest restaurants in the area of Elgin.
    Recently enjoyed a birthday dinner,here. They have a wide selection of food available to suit every persons taste.
    Before you are taken to your table, you are sat in the front room with the menu/winelist where you are able to select your meal and whilest you wait have a drink and chat at the bar. Only when your meal is ready are you taken through to the back. A pleasant atmosphere is created with soft candle light and music played in the background. The staff are very pleasant and wont keep interupting you every five seconds to check everythings ok.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish from this restaurant is a salmon and prawn omelette, the omelette is never over cooked or like rubber. No skimping on the prawns or salmon. The omelette is packed full! Delicious!!!!

• balfor's Profile Photo

I don't remember: Ah the fog of beer

by balfor Written Dec 25, 2002

This was just a local restaurant, and one of the few in Elgin open on Sundays. When we asked the taxi driver where a good resaurant was, this was the place she mentioned, but I couldn't tell you what it was called now. It was, however, frequented by the locals.

Favorite Dish: I don't really remember what we had there as it is about a year later, but I do remember that the food was very good. And I must say, their beer selection was very nice. :) They even had a couple of cask ales on tap. That was a very nice to finish off a hearty meal. :)

• balfor's Profile Photo

High Spirits: Have to love the name!

by balfor Written Dec 25, 2002

I didn't eat here as it was closed on Sundays, which was the only day I visited Elgin. However it was converted from a Church to a restaurant.

Instant Answers: Elgin

Comments

Elgin Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Elgin restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Elgin sightseeing.