Ascot Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Ascot

• iaint's Profile Photo

Thai Square Windsor: Good lunch

by iaint Written Jun 23, 2008

Again, not in Ascot but not that far!

We dived in for lunch whilst sightseeing in Windsor. Lovely decor and a good menu.

Food was superb. My son had pad sieuw (a fried noodle dish with chicken)to himself, whilst my other half and I shared 3 dishes - phed makham (duck with tamarind sauce), tom yam goong (spicy prawn soup) and a squid salad.

My ex is Thai, and used to run her own restaurant, so I am used to top class Thai food (home cooked, not to suit the European palate). I've had some dreadful stuff in Thai restaurants, but this really was good.

Staff seemed a bit dozy, even tho' it was after 1 when we came in. Food was served quickly although my request for extra rice confused them for a while.

£40 for 3 of us (inclusive of my extra rice).

Favorite Dish: Definitely the phed makham. I love the natural sweet & sour flavour of tamarind.

• Castles and Palaces

• iaint's Profile Photo

Olivo: Mixed experience

by iaint Updated Jun 23, 2008

Good food and ambience, let down a little by the service.

Our hotel sent us round and as it was 7.30 on a Saturday we were pleasantly surprised to walk in and get a table (and a little worried - why not busier?).

Anyway, it filled up quickly so we were lucky. Starters arrived quickly, but the main courses were a bit slower. We'd actually have forgiven that very easily, but we'd ordered glasses of wine to come with the main course and in spite of asking again, they didn't arrive. Manager seemed to have time to send text messages to his buddies, however!

The food was fine and at £56 for 3 (no wine, of course) good value. Compulsory service charge of 12.5% got on my nerves a bit in the circumstances.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed my insalata tirolese.

• Business Travel

• amcclean's Profile Photo

Jagz: Best local venue for live music, dining, dancing

by amcclean Written Jun 2, 2005

Top quality jazz, funk, latin, hip hop and all other kinds of bands.

Great food.

Great DJ in the nightclub downstairs playing fab music for dancing to.

Good mix of ages.

Everyone really friendly and in the party mood.

Good for girls/lads night out, romantic date, work night, family birthdays - any occasion!

• Business Travel
    • Theater Travel
    • Music

Instant Answers: Ascot

Comments

Ascot Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ascot restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ascot sightseeing.