Ascot Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Ascot

• iaint's Profile Photo

Car parks

by iaint Updated Jun 27, 2008

We were in a "car park" in the middle of the racecourse. Just a grassy field! Two things to watch out for.

First, if the weather is wet you will have a decent walk through wet grass (or mud, depending on how wet) to get to the stands. Come prepared if the forecast is bad!

Second, after you have parked check where your car is by reference to some fixed landmark so that you can find it when you come back! Its not like the supermarket or the airport, where they have numbers on poles to help you! We were struggling for a while, I can tell you!

• Luxury Travel
    • Casino and Gambling

• iaint's Profile Photo

High society drunks

by iaint Updated Jun 27, 2008

I was surprised how many people were treating the day as an excuse to drink non-stop. By the time the last race came along (5.30), 3.5 hours after the royal procession, a lot of them were in a bad way - men and women

All afternoon, people were staggering around with pint glasses, pitchers full of Pimms and bottles of Champagne - men and women.

I was driving, so indulging was out of the question. My son is still too young (or so he would have me believe) and my other half manages a glass of red Bordeaux 3 time a year. In any event, I couldn't imagine having more than a couple of drinks towards the end of the day - its too much fun to spoil it by getting plastered.

When I had phoned the course to buy tickets, the woman had warned me that its an "adult atmosphere" or words to that effect. I couldn't figure out what she meant (pole dancers maybe), but I think she was trying to flag up that my son might get his eyes opened.

• Casino and Gambling
    • Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Ascot

Comments

Ascot Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Ascot warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ascot sightseeing.