Marlow Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Marlow

• JayGatsby951's Profile Photo

In general...: Bars near the High Street

by JayGatsby951 Written Oct 30, 2006

Warning: Unfortunately, these bars are generally packed with English women, so it's best to save up a few more quid and simply fly out to a nicer place via Ryan Air.

Dress Code: If you get trapped in Marlow, and want to fit in with the local scene, wear dirty-looking (but inconceivably expensive) jeans, a bright pink shirt, and style your hair so that you "look like a rooster, that was drowned and raised again!"

• Elodie_Caroline's Profile Photo

The Crown

by Elodie_Caroline Written Jun 22, 2006

This isn't called The Crown anymore, it is always changing hands and names these days, but in the late 1970's and 1980's, we would often be in here, but to be honest, I never like the pub very much, and we didn't like the fat landlord either.

But one day, in the very early 1980's, a friend of ours was out on home leave from a prison for the criminally insane. Pete decided that we'd go in here, he was supplying our friend with Rum and she had also been eating some dope, bad mistake! All of a sudden she went as stiff as a board, her neck was on the back of the sofa thing in there, and the rest of her was stretched out straight! Man I was really frightened, I thought she was dead! I was crying for our friend.
    The landlord saw what had happened and got her outside in the fresh evening air, she seemed to come round after a while, thankfully. this bloody awful blonde girl that had known our friend from years ago was taking the proverbial, I could have smashed her face in! Our friend is a really nice person and didn't deserve this. Anyway, we got her round to her friend Jane's house and got ehr back to normal before we took her back home to her dear mum

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• Elodie_Caroline's Profile Photo

Pubs in Marlow

by Elodie_Caroline Written Jun 22, 2006

There are absolutely loads of pubs here, there seems to be more pubs than anything else? And I can honestly say that I have drank in every single pub in Marlow at one time or another! Some of them no longer exist, like 'Tha Bank of England' that is now a block of apartments.
    I used to come here a lot on Saturday and Sunday evenings with my ex boyfriend Pete, he actually came from here originally but then moved to Wycombe when he was in his 30's. So we used to come over here to drink so that he could see his old friends and sparring partners, one of his best friends owned the pub called 'The Cross Keys' so we were always in there.

• Music
    • Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Marlow

Comments

Marlow Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Marlow nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Marlow sightseeing.