Know about this? Rate It!
At the Cambridge Union: stonking debates
Hidden away bhind the Round Church in Cambridge is the Cambridge Union. Primarily the world famous debate society they also host a top speakers from Hollywood stars to famous artists and musicians and have an entertainment programme for students.
If you are nice to the staff you can often get in to one of the events. I saw 'This House Would Pay More Tax to Improve Public Services' with the Shadow Chancellor, Michael Howard, John Redwood, Austin Mitchell, Paul Boateng and a number of think-tank impresarios and it was absoluetly FANTASTIC. The President was Ed Cummings and was a really nice and witty guy: other speakers they'd got around that time was Bruce Forsyth, Chris Eubank, Louis de Bernieeres, Richard Wilson, Carole Caplin and even French Presidential candidate Jean-Marie Le Pen!! All in a few weeks!!
Full of history (founded in 1815 - older than the Oxfrod Union) and fascinating ideas and debates - a breeding ground for the next generation of movers and shakers!
- Historical Travel
- Arts and Culture
The Cambridge Union is a society where many important debates are held. It's probably not quite as well known as the Oxford Union, nor does it attract the same amount of famous speakers, yet for any Cambridge student with political aspiration, it's a starting point on the road to fame.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Cambridge Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Collingwood Hotels
- Eustatia Island Hotels
- Villefranche-sur-Mer Hotels
- Riomaggiore Hotels
- Italy Off The Beaten Path
- Santa Barbara Off The Beaten Path
- Banff Off The Beaten Path
- Within a 3 Hour Drive
- New Mexico Off The Beaten Path
- Palm Coast.
- Oregon Off The Beaten Path
- Cincinnati Off The Beaten Path
- Liguria Off The Beaten Path
- Day Trip: Montserrat
- Savannah Off The Beaten Path
- Delhi Off The Beaten Path