Know about this? Rate It!
My Chimney Pots
Mill Road.Seen here in the early morning,but usually busy with people and traffic.The shops,cafes,restaurants and pubs on and around Mill Road are among the best on offer and well worth a wander over this way if you're in town.Very eclectic choice to suit many tastes,up market and down.Indian,Turkish,Chinese food,Middle Eastern hookah pipe coffee shop,noodle bar,vegetarian bookshop,holistic medicine clinic,sex shop...It's al here.And the pubs you can find on some of the side streets have fantastic 'real ale' - beer made by smaller independent brewers in England.Nutty beer,fruity beer...You never know.
Oh,the chimney pots..
Good friends of mine,glimpsed like this on my way to work and any time I cross the bridge that divides Mill Road.
Students and locals alike hang...
Students and locals alike hang out on Mill Road. It's only slightly out on the edge of town, very much walkable. The restaurants and pubs are generally cheaper out here. For the real ale aficionado, it is a hotbed. One of the best is Live & Let Live at 40 Mawson Rd. with great food and beer selection, and friendly locals.
Another gem off of Mill Rd. is...
Another gem off of Mill Rd. is Cambridge Blue, a rare non-smoking pub in the UK. Hip, hip, hooray. Hip, hip, hooray. The owner is very knowledgeable and friendly. Great ale selection that changes daily. Food out in the atrium looked excellent.
The real find was the Kingston...
The real find was the Kingston Arms. Lidstones owner/brewer bought this pub and turned it into a brewpub. No fewer than seven of their own beers and two excellent guest ales, all served cask conditioned and in excellent form. Cosy and friendly. On Kingston, off Mill Rd.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Cambridge Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Little Tybee Island Hotels
- Erie Hotels
- Mount Meridian Hotels
- Pateros Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path