4 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

27-28 Bridge St 01223 448620

by jrs1234
  • jrs1234's Profile Photo

Chez Gerard: Steak frites and lots more...

by jrs1234 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Chez Gerard, Cambridge

I've been to Chez Gerard a few times, most recently on outings with friends from work, and it's been good every time. The cooking style is French, as the name suggests, and the steak-frites (steak with chips) are particularly good. While there are plenty of other options on the menu, the vegetarian options can be a bit limited - this place is really aimed at meat eaters. If you have a desire to eat snails while in England you can often find them here! It's usually a good idea to book in advance.

• katerina-dale's Profile Photo

Go to "Chez Gerard" for good bistrot french food

by katerina-dale Updated Apr 4, 2011

The service is great! The food is always up to the standards of a good french bistrot.

I love their creme brulee which is as succulent, as fantastic, as the one I can have in one of my favorite restaurants in Montpellier... isn't that great?

The atmosphere is what you would expect from a bistrot: the buzz of the town yet some intimacy as well so you can unwind after a busy day...

This place is conveniently located in the main street, close to the Round Church.

Favorite Dish: I always go for desserts but I have to say that their steak is also wonderful. Tehir fried potatoes are done with the pure french technique:very thin and long and tasty.

For any choclate lover the pot au chocolat is a must. But I stick to the creme drulee. Especially when I know how many chefs get it wrong. It has to be crispy yet mellow and this creme brulee is the best I have tasted this side of La Manche.

• School Holidays