Henry's Cafe Bar, Cambridge

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Henry's: Dining on the river

by Dabs Updated Apr 4, 2011

Fish and chips

Before we headed off for our punting adventure, we stopped by Henry's for a spot of lunch. We tried to get a riverside seat indoors but there wasn't a large enough table for the 5 of us and a good portion of the restaurant was closed off as it wasn't very busy. Try to grab one of those tables or one outside on the patio.

Favorite Dish: Henry's serves traditional British food as you can see from my pictures, fish and chips, bangers and mash, steak and ale pie. I thought my food was good, perhaps a little overpriced but I suppose that's to be expected with a prime location on the river.

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Henry's Bar & Restaurant: Great place to meet friends for drink & dinner

by MacedonianUK Written Apr 13, 2009

Henry's is a place where everybody comes to have great eavning out.
    You can hand out with your friends have apint & cahat or you can have delicious dinner.
    henry's is opent till 1.00am so its buzzing with life, long after many Pubs are closed.

Favorite Dish: Everything

• jo104's Profile Photo

Henry's restaurant: Henry's restuarant by the River

by jo104 Written Jun 6, 2007

bangers & mash

This quayside restaurant / pub offers great views of the river cam. In summer there is ample seating outdoors.

The menu is fairly varied, I enjoyed the most delicious sausage & creamy mash. Donna opted for the very English option of egg mayonnaise sandwich & cress which raised squeals of disgust amongst our American duo.

We all felt well fed & watered ready for our adventure on the river.

• balfor's Profile Photo

Henry's: Good food, great location

by balfor Written Jun 5, 2007

Bar area of Henry's

This restaurant/pub is right on the river in a little square shared with several other restaurants. It is very nice inside and it is very deep with many tables overlooking the river below.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. (I even saw a bartender making a Pimms, which I discovered is something very traditional in the UK. I didn't try one, however, as I'd had a long flight and didn't think it would be fair to everyone else to have to carry me around the rest of the day! )

The food is traditional English cuisine: Bangers and mash, Egg and Mayo sandwich, Fish and Chips, etc. And they did it VERY well! :-)

And for all you Americans out there, they don't have iced tea. They DO have hot tea and ice, but they will look at you funny when you order that. (But dang it, I WANTED iced tea for lunch!!!) Other VT'ers may think you are a bit daft as well, but it was a great glass of iced tea after it was prepared. (I'm still not sure how those from South Africa make iced tea as they thought brewing it and chilling with ice was odd. )

• Acirfa's Profile Photo

Henry's: English Fare

by Acirfa Updated May 30, 2007

Henry's Restaurant from the river

This pub sits on the rivers edge, a perfect view watching the punts up and down the river. Friendly and efficient staff made our break for lunch very pleasant.

A selection of English cuisine is served here, real meat and ale pies with short crust pastry, fish and chips, bangers and mash or a selection of sandwiches as well as a lot more on the menu.

• Trains

• andrewyong's Profile Photo

Henry's: Al fresco dining

by andrewyong Written Apr 2, 2006

Go for a drink by the River Cam at Henry's, a bar opposite a Subway sandwich shop where you can enjoy views of the river with people punting in it. It is situated across the river from Magdalen College.

What's better than getting intoxicated and some sun-worshipping on a breezy springday...cold though (should be better in late spring or summer).

Instant Answers: Cambridge