The Market, Cambridge

• Airpunk's Profile Photo

Cambridge Market

by Airpunk Written Oct 11, 2007

Cambridge market

This beautiful, lively market behind St. Mary’s church was a nice place to walk through. Although it just has the usual market stuff like fruits, cheese, meat, bread, flowers etc., it really invites you to check out all the stalls and pick something to take away. Indeed, a very friendly place, filled with life.

• katerina-dale's Profile Photo

The Market in front of Corn Exchange

by katerina-dale Updated Nov 24, 2003

the Market stalls

I was in Greece some weeks ago and I went for a checkup: one of the doctors that examined me, asked me where I live. I said I live near Cambridge. And he said:"I used to work in Cambridge. I love the Market there. So colourful!" Immediately I knew he was talking about this one.

Let me tell you that this comment, coming from a Greek's mouth, is a real compliment. As anyone that has spent some time in Greece, would know that our local markets are full of life.

But his one in front of the Corn Exchange, is a small gem. It is the setting in which the market breathes that makes the difference .

I would say that anyone that visits Cambridge should have a look at this market.

• Study Abroad
    • School Holidays

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Cambridge Market

by AcornMan Written Apr 25, 2004

Cambridge market and Great St. Mary's

You'll find everything from fruits and vegetables to hand-made crafts of all kinds at the Cambridge market, located in the shadow of Great St. Mary's.

• barryg23's Profile Photo

The Market

by barryg23 Updated Jun 25, 2003

Market

Market Hill was the medieval centre of Cambridge and is the location of the daily market. You can get great views of the market from St. Mary's Tower.

Instant Answers: Cambridge