The Godmanchester memorial is in the form of a classical wheel cross made from Stancliffe stone mounted on a square plinth with a three-stepped base; each of the points of the cross has been enriched with a fleur-de-lys. The plinth is inscribed with “To the glory of God and in ever loving memory of the men of Godmanchester who fell in the Great War 1914 – 1919” “And the Great War 1939 – 1945”. The memorial was unveiled on 1st January 1921 by Major-General Pilcher and re-dedicated in 1947.
Godmanchester’s Chinese Footbridge was originally built in 1827 and replaced by a replica in 1960 by Godmanchester Borough Council. The bridge was inspired by the 18th century vogue for the 'Chinese Chippendale'.
Wood Green Animal Shelters is a registered charity that has been rescuing and re-homing animals since 1924. The Godmanchester shelter is the charity’s headquarters, which is based in 52 acres of Cambridgeshire farmland. The shelter is a temporary home to a variety of animals such as dogs, cats, small animals and field animals.
Godmanchester is a town not a village as it was Chartered in 1212 and has been a place of constant human habitation for over 2000 years. The central streets are aligned with the Roman Mansio, The Causeway waterfront was developed by the Vikings for their longboats and the conservation area is rich in Timber Framed Houses.