Hartlepool Restaurants

Main dining area
    The menu
    by Suet
  • Hot roast sandwich high in calories, low in taste.
    Hot roast sandwich high in calories, low...

Most Recent Restaurants in Hartlepool

• Suet's Profile Photo

Quayside Coffe Shop: Quayside Coffee Shop

by Suet Written Jan 5, 2012

I liked the presentation and ambience of this Coffee Shop. It looks cosy and there are interesting things to see on the walls and to examine. I like the old cooking ranges and the way they have been lit up to look like a real fire. Once again, the staff are very helpful and cheerful.

They continue the Pirate theme with the menu choices (see picture) to make the food more exciting for the children.

Favorite Dish: I opted for the Hot Roast Sandwich at £3.95. I think the picture says it all, not a bit of green anywhere and pretty tasteless. However, if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys and the price reflected the quality of the food. I still fail to see how food can taste of nothing at all.

Main dining area The menu Hot roast sandwich high in calories, low in taste. Cosy nook I just love these old cooking fires!
    • Museum Visits

• Suet's Profile Photo

Brewers Fayre: Brewers Fayre

by Suet Written Jan 5, 2012

OPENING TIMES: Mon - Fri: 07:00 - 24:00 Sat: 07:00 - 24:00 Sun: 07:00 - 23:00
    AVG. PRICE: Lunch: £10.00 Dinner: £18.00
    Fixed Lunch: £10 (2 main dishes), Mon - Fri
    Fixed Dinner: £10 (2 main dishes), Mon - Fri, pre 6.30 pm

Favorite Dish: Before I start, please let me say that the staff are fantastic, the service is second to none and the ladies really care about looking after you.

To give the lady her due, she did say that there were restaurants in town, but we opted for Brewers Fayre as we were tired after the long drive and just wanted to crash.

The food is simply awful. We tried the all you can eat Chinese buffet and everything I sampled tasted pretty grim. The rice was so overcooked that the grains had split. The black bean dish smelt terrible and tasted worse. I have never ever had to ask for my money back in a restaurant before in my life, but I did that night. The sad thing is that the staff seemed to accept that the food was awful and refunds were the normal thing to do.

I enquired about the suppliers of the food and the staff member told me that this restaurant chain uses the same one, has the food delivered pre-prepared and then they heat it up.

Breakfast was a similar disaster. How you can solidify bacon is beyond me. I daren't go near the sausages but as it was advertised as HEINZ baked beans, I gave those a shot. I also asked for a freshly cooked egg which I thought couldn't be transformed into an unidentifiable object.

PLEASE DON'T EAT THERE. I will be writing to the Managing Director in the desperate hope that things will change for the good of the British Public and their tourists.

• poppadoms: dont go to this restraunt

by garyhutcheon Written Jun 25, 2011

We arrived my wife and i on may bank holiday the night of the european cup final, to avoid the crowds we entered the restraunt only 2 other people were in there, the menus came we ordered wine on selecting our wine we were given a bottle already open , not in front of us it tasted watery so i asked why was the bottle already open no explanation. We were approached by a very disgruntled owner who asked twice if the wine was good we said no he didnt offer to change it so we didnt want a fuss as we hadnt had our food, the starters came and before we had finished they brought the main course and put it on the next table by the time we had finished the main was quite cold we complained and were told its how we do it here we ordered massala,and king prawn bhuna this had 2 king prawns cut up into small pieces and not tasty ive eaten indian food all over the world this is the worst restraunt ive ever been to and belive me im not fussy i shpuld have walked when my wife suggested after the wine carry on dont use this please its disgusting i left only a small tip for the young english girl who i felt sorry for.

Favorite Dish: none

• Alsyros: Wish it was down here!!!

by Welwynbred Updated Apr 4, 2011

Taken there last Friday by my fiance's relatives. Great intimate atmosphere and nice location (parked right outside). Open Kitchen and able to watch food prepared. They had a cheap menu on £10.95 3 courses with a glass of wine, but everyone was ordering the specials so I thought I would. Had the Game Terrine to start then followed with Homemade Beef fillet, bacon & mushroom pie. Didn't want a dessert at first then when the rest of the party got theirs I had to have one. Settled for the Strawberry Shortcake.
    After eating in Beefeater restaurants and national chains it was amazing to come to Hartlepool and find such quality. Please move to Welwyn!!
    Staff were great and had a joke about our different accents.
    Chef came over at the end of the meal to see if we had enjoyed it, nice touch.

Favorite Dish: THe Beef Fillet Smoked Bacon & Mushroom Pie was unbelieveable, pastry texture just right and meat was perfect. Vegetables were great not the usual frozen stuff.

Mind you the Game Terrine was equally as good, could have eaten them again the next day.
    Wish we had stayed longer in Hartlepool, coming back in 6 months time.

• Business Travel

Fujiyama: Good If You're On A Diet

by cheekymarieh Written Sep 1, 2007

The restaurant is located on Hartlepool Marina, an excellent setting. The interior of the restaurant is spotlessly clean and is well rated by the cores on the doors food hygeine inspectorate.

Part of the experience of the meal is that the food is cooked in front of you and the chef tries various ways of tossing the food! I wold recommend not wearing white clothes if you decide to participate in trying to catch an egg.

It is open: Monday - Saturday 12.00 Noon - 2.00pm and 6pm - 11pm
    Sunday 12.00 Noon - 3.00pm and 6.00pm - 11.00pm

Favorite Dish: I had the splash diablo set menu which consisted of King prawns, calamari, scallops and salmon for main course. It was accompanied by Fujiyama salad, Miso Soya bean soup, Teppan-yaki vegetables, and Teppan-yaki egg fried rice. The food is cooked in front of you and is part of the eneterainment of the evening. Everything was delicious but my complaint was that portions were miniscule. It wasn't just me that left feeling hungry.

Fujiyama

• Marco Polo: Avoid at all costs!

by misterbroon Updated Jun 13, 2006

I went for a meal on 7/6/6 , the starters were OK - woodpigeon in port sauce, a little too sweet, my wife had mussels ,10 only, served on a large bed on vegetables, not very nice. For the main course, I had sea bass whichwas OK at best, but my wife had beef teriyaki which was so tough, it was inedible. The waitress said it was rib-eye, but the Chef claimed it was fillet, it was neither. It was rejected and my sea bass was also sent back as my wife was so upset by the whole experience. I complained and the Manager said that I had to pay £30 or there would be consequences. I considered this to be too much and I offered £20 as a final gesture, as specified under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, I pay what I consider it was worth. I asked the manager if he understood British Law, and I was accused of being a Racist, something I am not! I was then threatened with the Police. I paid the £30 under duress, as I did not want my wife to be arrested. I would not go to this restarant if I was paid to go there!

Favorite Dish: Absolutely nothing! Best thing about this "restaurant" is the door out!

• School Holidays

• tenerifejohn's Profile Photo

The White House: No Bush Here

by tenerifejohn Written Mar 31, 2006

The White House (no not George Bush's house) is our local and only a few minutes walk from Ward Jackson Park in Hartlepool.
    After you have fed the ducks and listened to a brass band in the Victorian bandstand come out of the Park main gates and stroll down to the next roundabout where you will find the White House. If you take the car there is plenty of parking although children under 14 are not catered for at this pub which is really for adults only. There is a rule about children dining with parents visibly displayed in the car park so check before you enter to avoid any embarrassment.
    You won't find SKY TV or any TV at the White House or a pool table its not that kind of pub. What you will experience is subtle background music and excellent food. A word of advice the toilets are located on the first floor although there is a disabled toilet on the ground floor adjacent to the bar.
    Having ordered our bottle of Hardy's Chardonnay at less than a tenner a bottle we browse the menu which is both varied and wide ranging. Check the special boards on the bar too.
    Some of our company like starters and the good old prawn cocktail comes highly recommended.
    The last time I was in The White House I had the Thai Green Curry with rice and Naan bread. In a word delicious!!
    My dinner date had the salmon with Thai noodles.
    We rarely make desert in the White House but I am told the fruit crumble with piping hot custard is worth a shout.
    Again full marks to the White House for their food, service, toilets and the pipping hot plates. I know I keep going on about hot plates but really what is the point of serving hot food on cold plates?
    Yes the White House is a pub but a pub that sells first class pub grub.
    There is a very popular quiz two nights a week and You can sit outside under heated canopies but I doubt you will need those here in sub tropical Hartlepool.
    Five or six cask ales, open all day - food until 8pm. Tel 01429 - 266916
    Nice setting and wonderful food. Can I say more?
    Until we eat again - cheers!

Favorite Dish: See above

• tenerifejohn's Profile Photo

Krimos in a word: Eating out in Hartlepool

by tenerifejohn Written Mar 31, 2006

Living for many years in Hartlepool I am delighted with the progress that has been made by the council and other companies to develop the marina. It is a credit to the town. But today I have driven to the Marina, again plenty of parking, to visit one of my favourites restaraunts - Krimos.
    Now a great deal has been written about Krimos over the years since their humble beginnings in Seaton Carew. I have been a customer since about 1990 so I think I speak with some authority when I say this is one of the first class establishments in Hartlepool.
    Our latest visit was on 10th August 2005.
    Excellent service, fine wine and wonderful company with James Blake from Perth in Bonnie Scotland joining Emma, Lorna and I in a splendid evening.
    Visited again on 30th August for the early bird special - starter and main course just £9.95 - now that is good value.
    We were back for somebody's 50th birthday on 11th March - yes ten of us making it a great night and well looked after by Don the head waiter.

Krimos

A Special place for that special day

A friend has just told me that in addition to Krimos wonderful menu they are now able to offer the restaurant for weddings.
    Telephone Krimos direct at 01429 266120 or visit their website via my link.
    Also if you are thinking about Christmas or New Years Eve I picked up a copy of their festive menu when I visited their other restaurant on the Marina ...Portofino's.
    It looks mouthwatering!!!

Favorite Dish: Would not know where to start - this is a wonderful place. Remember the name Krimo's and if you are going on a Saturday evening - book well in advance and I mean well in advance.

• marty1972uk's Profile Photo

Portofinos: Portofinos in Hartlepool

by marty1972uk Updated Feb 3, 2005

Great price, great food, cool decor with a meditteranian feell, just located on Hartlepool Marina and Historic Quay.

Ran by Krimo, who ones the posher Kimo's also in Hartlepool

chek out the website, as it has loads of infor and menus (with prices on)

Krimos: Delicious Mediterranean Meals

by cheekymarieh Written Sep 4, 2004

My introdution to Krimos was when when they had the original restaurant in Seaton Carew. After the Marina development at Hartlepool they moved to a more spacious property overlooking the actual Marina.

OK, it's a different location these days but the quality of the food is the same high standard. The decor in the restaurant is light and airy in the day time and is well furnished. The service in the restaurant can't be faulted. If you want a slight variation to the items on the menu they are happy to oblige (as we found out when we took my father!).

There are various special set menus - lunchtime, Sunday lunch, Midweek special (Tuesday to Thursday evenings) - along with the A La Carte as well. The main menu is changed on a monthly basis and has some excellent dishes.

My most recent trip was at lunch time as we happened to be in Hartlepool and I didn't dare take my dad to the nearby Thai!

Favorite Dish: The menus have some interesting choices in them and will suit anybody (including my dad!). I had a hard time chooding the main course which included salads, chicken, salmon and beef. Although I am not vegetarian I opted for the Vegetarian Tagine. It was delicious (as I am assured was the Algerian Lamb Tagine and the Escalope Diane). The herbs and spices in my dish created a perfect compliment to each other. It came served in the traditional tagine.

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo

Thai Harbour: I Could Eat The Whole Menu!

by cheekymarieh Written Jul 10, 2004

My rush to visit the restaurant was prompted by a favourable write up in our local newspaper. I've included a link as the web address.

We were the first customers to appear for Saturday lunch at only a couple of minutes past midday. The owner made a favourable first impression by his friendliness.

The service was excellent and the food was beautifully presented.

The restaurant actually overlooks the marina so you can have a view of the boats while you eat if you choose your table correctly.

Favorite Dish: All of the food that we ate was excellent. For starters I had Tod mun pla (or Thai fish cakes to you and I!). They were accompanied by a side salad and a little dish of dip. The fish cakes certainly had some bite and were delicious.

I followed this by a main dish of Sweet and Sour King Prawns served with frangrant rice. Again I could find no fault and would certainly select it again.

These selections came from the £6.50 lunch menu and included coffee. Good value for money by my standards.

Of course I had examined the dessert menu and couldn't resist the though of the bananas served with coconut milk and sesame seeds. Two of my favourite flavours combined. The owner informed me that the name translated into English meant 'weeping woman'. Well I would be weeping if this little piece of food paradise ever closed down!!!

We have already decided when we would like to visit next and I look forward to trying dishes such as the sea bass steamed with ginger or the Thai Green curry.

Starters!

• steventilly's Profile Photo

The Moorings: Great British Breakfast

by steventilly Updated Nov 25, 2002

Traditional or Vegetarian English Breakfast. So good that we drive out here on SUndays to grab one. It's especially nice when the skies are blue and you can walk it off with a stroll around the marina or the sea wall.

Favorite Dish: Veggie Breakfast - Sausage, egg, tomato, mushrooms, beans, toast, smoothie.

Yum Yum

Instant Answers: Hartlepool

Comments

Hartlepool Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Hartlepool restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hartlepool sightseeing.