Middlesbrough Sports & Outdoors

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo

Middlesbrough - League Cup Winners 2004

by cheekymarieh Updated Sep 18, 2004

Riverside Staium

A visit to the Riverside Stadium in Middlesbrough to watch the local Premier Division team is highly recommended. There is a great deal on talent currently on display on match days.

I have been a season ticket holder at the club since 1981 when I was just a child. I've rarely missed a home game since and have seen Middlesbrough play in three different divisions during that time. Tickets for matches can be obtained by contacting the ticket office in advance of the game. There is also a club shop in the centre of the town from which ticketys can be purchased.

I suppose the most memorable night for me has to be the recent first game in Europe against Banik Ostrava. Middlesbrough came out as 3-0 victors.

Equipment: Bring warm clothes in winter. There can be a cold wind blowing from the river. You will see me in winter with three jumpers under my coat!

• Adventure Travel

• Riverside Stadium

by sabsi Updated Jun 9, 2003

Riverside Stadium

The stadium of Middlesbrough FC is located at the river - hence the name ;-) It looks quite fancy from the outside even though it's located in kind of a rough area of town. But then again all English stadiums that I have seen look very fancy .. even the ones of the smaller clubs! It's incredible how much money English Football teams must have!

Marie forced me to put a tip here even though I have only seen the stadium from the outside. As I'd love to watch a Premier league match in England some day you could bribe me to write more with tickets, Marie ;-)

Equipment: Wear Red!

Instant Answers: Middlesbrough

Comments

Middlesbrough Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Middlesbrough sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Middlesbrough sightseeing.

View all Middlesbrough hotels