Stockton-on-Tees Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Stockton-on-Tees

• Muarrij's Profile Photo

The Moby Grape: Wine, Dine and Dance

by Muarrij Written Feb 25, 2007

This restaurant come bar is situated just off the the main high street and fronts on to the river. I was told by colleagues this was the trendy place to be seen. After reading their menu there was nothing of interest for me so I didnt actually go in.

However, it certainly seemed to attract the young and trendy.

• Muarrij's Profile Photo

Ali Baba Restaurant: Fine Halal Kashmiri cooking in Stockton on Tees

by Muarrij Written Jan 28, 2007

Ali Baba's from the name and my first impression from the outside was "another wannabe". However I was more than pleasently surprised by not only the wonderful food but also the great service.
    This unique restaurant is halal, offers both Pakistani and Mexican eating as well as providing a warm, comfortable environment to eat in. The waiting is courteous and attentive and the Chef actually came out from the kitchen and spoke to me about how the food is prepared.
    The currys are not too oily or greasy and the flavor is just right, as you would have it at home so to speak.
    Overall I must say I was pleasently surprised! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, from singles to families and large parties.

Favorite Dish: My main course here was of course the pillau rice and lamb curry. I asked for it hot and thankfully it was hot to my liking. Its worth noting however that it was HOT HOT, it was Hot with taste. Some restaurants will just go crazy with the chilli powder and burn all your taste buds away.
    Here the chef takes pride in his cooking and has a long array of carefully selected dishes that he has perfected over the years.
    The starters were presented with a selections of sauces and condiments. Take a look at the pictures to see what you can expect. I had the pakora as a starter.
    What you get is also well worth the money. I paid around £15 for effectively what was a 3 course meal in a pleasent and relaxing environment.

Instant Answers: Stockton-on-Tees

Comments

Stockton-on-Tees Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Stockton-on-Tees restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Stockton-on-Tees sightseeing.

View all Stockton-on-Tees hotels