Altarnun Transportation

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

The Local Transportation

by Geoff_Wright Written Jan 11, 2003

Our Bus

You really need a car to see around my village. But there is a local bus service, from and to Launceston, the nearest large town.
    Tilley's Coaches run a service, departing from the village (by the Church) at 09.50 a.m., arriving in Launceston at 10.30 am. The first return bus departs at 12.10 pm, getting back in the village at 12.45 pm. In a car, the journey takes about 10 minutes, but this bus visits all the outlying villages. In my 33 years of living here I have never before travelled to town by bus - until yesterday, 10 January 2003..
    The fare costs £1.20 return. A taxi would cost around £8! (but only 10 minutes' travel time). Just to sit in the bus and see some of the surrounding countryside, that you never saw before, when driving your car, is well worth the added journey time.

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

This is what you need in the...

by Geoff_Wright Written Oct 4, 2002

This is what you need in the countryside! This is my horse 'Silver'. I have three others in the field behind her.

Instant Answers: Altarnun

Comments

Altarnun Transportation

Reviews and photos of Altarnun transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Altarnun sightseeing.