Saint Austell Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Saint Austell

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

To Eden Project from St Ives

by MalenaN Written May 3, 2014

Before leaving Cornwall and returning to London, I wanted to make a stop at Eden Project. I was travelling on a Sunday and I had asked a few days earlier at the Tourist Office in St Ives which was the best way to do this. They had told me how to get to St Austell and from there there would be plenty of buses.

From the bus station in St Ives I took bus 17A at 9.10. I was going to St Erth and the ticket was £3 (April 2014) and the journey took around 20 minutes. From the bus stop in St Erth there is a short walk to the train station. As it was Sunday and holiday the ticket office at the station was closed but I had been told it was okay to buy the ticket on the train. The train I was taking was the 9.56 train towards London. The ticket was £9.60 and the train arrived in time, 9.44, in St Austell.

The buses were not running frequently on Sundays and I had to wait almost an hour for the next bus to Eden Project. The bus to Eden Project left at 11.40, a returnticket was £6 and the journey took around 20 minutes.

Near the bus stop at Eden Project there are lookers. I had planned to leave my big backpack there while waiting. The lookers only take £1-coins and I was lucky to be able to change with a coach driver waiting nearby. I put the pound in the looker and turned the key, well, tried to turn the key. It was impossible to look the door and my 1£-coin was already down the slot. I had no more coins and brought my backpack down to the entrance to Eden Project. There I told someone what had happened and got my £1-coin back, but I did not go all the way up again to leave my backpack, but carried it around while visiting.

Going back to St Austell I took a bus from Eden Project at 16.05.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo

Tractor Train

by freya_heaven Updated Aug 28, 2004

This little tractor train takes you to & from the Biomes & the Visitor Centre.

Most people walk down & get the train back up again. It is quite a drop in to the quarry to the Biomes.

Be prepared for queues to get to the top . It is a pleasant Zizzag walk up though what is called to outside Biome Gardens.

Eden Tractor Train

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Tractor Train

by sandysmith Updated May 20, 2003

Again to save your legs a tractor train can be taken from the visitors centre to the Biomes themselves.

Alternatively its an easy 5-10 minute walk down the paths - and when this area is fully mature is a pleasanter option. So much o the outside section - our temperate Biome - is still being developed and different plants will be in bloom at different seasons.

all aboard to the Biomes

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Coach Parks

by sandysmith Updated May 20, 2003

The majority of visitors come by coach and car. There are several big coach park, situated at the top of the site, all named after various fruits. From the coach park there are buses availbale to take you down to the visitor's centre. Not only useful for the less mobile but also there is a lot of walking to whilst in the Eden Project so they recommend you use the transport available and give you more time to see the biomes.

feeder bus

Instant Answers: Saint Austell

Comments

Saint Austell Transportation

Reviews and photos of Saint Austell transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Austell sightseeing.

View all Saint Austell hotels