Tintagel Favorites

Invading Tintagel

by Elodie_Caroline Written Feb 24, 2008

Elodie invades Tintagel

Fondest memory:
    Well, this is sad to say, but my favourite part of this trip, was buying myself a Viking helmet and sword, out of one of the many gift shops.

Whilst I was sitting and having my coffee, a couple of French students came walking along in front of me, and one of them was wearing this luscious viking helmet. I have always loved the legends of the vikings, right from when I was about 6 years old. So I wanted a helmet like this too! The four of us went mooching through the shops until I found what my little heart desired; as soon as I'd bought it, it went straight onto my head, then I found a sword to go with it too!
    It didn't bother me none, walking around Tintagel, with my viking helmet on and brandishing my sword. Simon dared me to wear it when we left Tintagel and were going for our cream tea, so I did!

• Luxury Travel

• illumina's Profile Photo

Seals!!!

by illumina Written Jun 3, 2006

Favorite thing: Keep your eyes peeled around the Haven - I'm told that seals are quite often spotted in this area. I didn't know that at the time, and was very excited to see one swimming out by the rock in the inlet, diving down and resurfacing to peer back at the tourists delightedly pointing at it!

• Eco-Tourism
    • Castles and Palaces

Instant Answers: Tintagel

Comments

Tintagel Favorites

Reviews and photos of Tintagel favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tintagel sightseeing.