Tintagel Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Tintagel

• martin_nl's Profile Photo

Also pies, sausages and sandwiches: Great chips with mayo!

by martin_nl Updated Jul 30, 2005

The restaurant

This is the only restaurant next to the site of Tintagel Castle. It has a beautiful location, also close to the caves opposite Merlin's Cave, where you have some beautiful swimming waters. It might be a tad bit cold, but very refreshing on a hot day. I think the place is run by a family who are very nice. The lady that took our order was very friendly and the younger guy that brought the chips to our table was very nice too.

Favorite Dish: So we had chips and requested loads of mayo. We got some weird look but then we're used to it. Being Dutch we always eat mayonaise with our chips. Chips were quite nice, though we had preferred them to be fried for an extra minute or so, for the chips would be more crispy that way. But they never really seem to know how to serve chips according to Dutch standards. But then we're in England of course, so you get used to it after a while and take it for granted.

• illumina's Profile Photo

Kingfisher Restaurant: Fish and Chips!

by illumina Written Jun 3, 2006

Right next to the car park in the middle of Tintagel village, this is quite a nice little fish and chip shop / restaurant. Plenty of room to sit and eat in comfort and a reasonably varied menu, with children catered for particularly well from what I saw. The food is cooked to order, so probably isn't a quick as in some chippies, but it does mean it's fresh.

The service could have been a little more polite, but they seemed perfectly friendly after a slightly dodgy start.

• MelanieBee's Profile Photo

Pengenna Hotel: Pasties and Cream Teas

by MelanieBee Updated Dec 26, 2006

They have a bakery and take away shop next door to the restaurant. The Best pasties in the area and very reasonable too (£6 for a bowl of soup followed by an enormous pasty). You can also order in bulk to take away or to be posted to you. Scones are also delicious (10 scones for £2.75!) and they are located just around the corner from the £1 per day parking lot - very convenient!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Irina's Restaurant: at the Camelot Castle Hotel

by sue_stone Written May 10, 2009

Irina's Restaurant

We stayed one night at the Camelot Castle Hotel and decided to dine that evening in the hotel's restaurant, Irina's. At first glance the dining room is a stunning space, until you notice the art work - countless large canvases covered in pink paint with glitter swirls and stuck-on butterflies (one of the owners is an "artist"). Then you take note of the music - inappropriate euro-pop - playing a little too loudly - and start to worry about the food.

Favorite Dish: I accepted the fact we were not going to be eating a top meal when I properly read the menu and noticed that most of the dishes consisted of (cut up) pieces of meat in various rich sauces - not the style of dishes a top chef usually serves. Oh well, we ordered anyway, both opting for the Cornish Rump of Beef served in a Yorkshire Pudding - this consisted of a some beef strips in lots of gravy served in a very mushy Yorkshire pudding with some standard veggies. The potato was the only part of this dish I enjoyed.

Bravely we pushed on to dessert, ordering the Honeycomb Smash Vanilla Cheesecake and the Caramel & Mocha Fudge Cake. Both cakes were obviously not homemade and had the look and taste of those cheap mass-produced cakes that you might buy from the supermarket.

Service was friendly but a little comical, which just added to the odd feel of this place. The hotel promotes the restaurant as serving up the best cuisine in the area. I certainly hope this isn't true, else I feel very sorry for the residents of Tintagel!

• Wine Tasting

• shavy's Profile Photo

Treleavens: The fudge and Ice cream

by shavy Written Apr 28, 2014

We were here for a day and each places we stop I've noticed that fudge and pies are known to this area, I'm not fun of those stuff, out of curiosity I really wanted to try the local delicacy

I bought a few grams of fudge, there were in different flavor and color I have no idea what the taste but I really want to taste them all

While seen the fudge through the window it looks so tasty, and yes indeed. It's very sweet probably a lot of sugar in it, and each flavor has different taste too
    They sell ice cream as well, but in such weather condition I haven't tasted it

Favorite Dish: The fudge is very special, I normally don't like too much sweet but this kind of sweets is different

• shavy's Profile Photo

Pengenna Pasties: Tasty pie

by shavy Written Apr 28, 2014

Tintagel is full with local food and one caught my eye is this pie shop, walking back to our car park at the end of the street I saw people queues outside, I though, what was happen there, so I see through the window the pies they look so good I thought to myself it's probably good , so I join in row

Next to the shop is the workshop where they prepared the pie. I've seen they are preparing the ground vegetables with meat and the dough around it
    They wrapped the ground vegetables and meat in different shape, choice from small size to bigger size
    I thought the pie still hot but they are cold I bought a few of them and brought at home, I tried to warm-up in a microwave and I prefer eating it when it's warm

• Beach Cafe: Really Local Food & Drink

by nickwalter Written Jun 20, 2008

Been here many times.... visiting Tintagel Castle & walking coastal path.... BUT it's changed & it's a million times better!! The cafe is now run & staffed by English Heritage... serves a wide range of local food all beautifully cooked & served. And even better.... you can now enjoy your delicious lunch with a glass of local beer or Camel Valley wine.... How good is that? Can't get better! Go try it & while you're there go climb the steps to the Castle: UNMISSABLE!

• Uncle Jacks Chip Shop, Tintagel: Slowest Chips in the West

by Malto84 Written Jul 27, 2009

Very slow service, considering it is the only chippy in Town. I was hoping for a better experience, but was bitterly disappointed. There was a good 10-20 people in a queue and no sense or urgency from the 2 members of staff, on a summers day visit. I am not sure if I caught them on a bad day, but had to leave due to the worry of hunger setting in. I had to leave and visit a local restaurant where my meal was served within 10 minutes, nice and tasty, and quicker than the chippy.

Favorite Dish: Previous experience has been poor. Fish was over cooked and the chips were either crispy or over cooked. Not too bad for a quick meal, but could be a lot better, especailly if they want to carry on making money.

• Beaches

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

The Cornishman Inn

by Carmela71 Written Apr 27, 2003

Tipical pub, with nice decoration, we had a lovely capuchino... (I know, you do not go to a Brittish pub to have an italian coffe lol, but it was time for coffe not for beer lol ...

Nice decoration

Instant Answers: Tintagel

Comments

Tintagel Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tintagel restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tintagel sightseeing.