Tintagel Tourist Traps

Tintagel on the rocks
    Read the pub sign at Tintagel

Best Rated Tourist Traps in Tintagel

• Elodie_Caroline's Profile Photo

The legend was a disappointment

On the rocks and not a drink in sight

Ever since I was a little girl, I had always been in love with the legends of King Arthur and the kights of the round table. I know that the historians will always tell us that the legends are just mythology; but to me, I believe Arthur existed and he existed because I want him and the stories about him to exist. Tintagel is a very disappointing place and it seems that its only existence is to please the tourists. Maybe I would think better of it if could have seen it all for myself, but I couldn't, so I don't.

Unique Suggestions:
    Sit and have a coffee and watch the world go by if you can't make it, like I couldn't, to go and see the ruins.

Fun Alternatives:
    I never thought I'd say this about anywhere, but go and have a look around the many gift and trinkets shops, there are some wonderful things to be seen and bought if you don't mind parting with your money.

• Archeology
    • Castles and Palaces

What a bloody cheek!

Read the pub sign at Tintagel

I couldn't beleive my eyes when I noticed this sign. Just take a look at the very first part of the big burgundy sign on the right hand side of you; it says... 'Open to non residents.' Well, excuse me, I know that little villages seem to have an etiquette all of their very own, but a pub is a pub, it's a public house, which means it is open to everyone!

Fun Alternatives:
    Don't go into the pub on principle.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• Elodie_Caroline's Profile Photo

Helping the disabled... not!

Sitting outside the Tintagel caf��

Where the ruins of Tintagel castle are an enormous trek for unable bodied people, tintagel offers you it's help; for £1.40 you can get a ride in a range rover to see the ruins. But what they don't tell you, is there is no way you can get to see the ruins, even in the range rover. The car takes you around a quarter of a mile down a steep hill, but then there's the thousand steps to climb up anyway. So you pay £1.40 for nothing, it's a big rip off, and no, I didn't take them up on their rip-off offer either.

Fun Alternatives:
    I sent Chris, Mel and Simon to go and take a look at the ruins, whilst I went into a café across the road and got myself a latté. I sat down on the wet metal seats, with the cigarettes and my coffee, and watched all of the people who had made the trek to the ruins, including students, come back totally knackered.

• Disabilities

Instant Answers: Tintagel

Comments

Tintagel Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Tintagel tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tintagel sightseeing.