Darlington Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Darlington

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Oct 6, 2013

Blackwell

Favorite thing: Blackwell is a suburb in the borough of Darlington and the ceremonial county of County Durham. It is situated towards the edge of the West End of Darlington, beside the River Tees.
    Blackwell consists of large 1930s style semi-detached and detached houses, and private, newly built homes.
    Blackwell Grange is an 18th-century country house converted into an hotel. We spent a night in this hotel in May of 2004.

You can watch my 1 min 58 sec Video Along Blackwell at Darlington out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

• Architecture

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

A River

by DunaKal Written Jun 12, 2005
    My daughter @the river

Favorite thing: Oh so many times that I played next to this river,to me coming from Saudi Arabia,,seeing this was just wonderful..
    water....
    greenary...
    trees...
    even Nettles....
    some new experiences!

Fondest memory: Here is My daughter pausing next this national treasure,,,hehehehe

• Adventure Travel

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

With the Jones family

by DunaKal Written Jun 12, 2005
    My son

Favorite thing: Here is my son playing at the park.

Fondest memory: When I was a child,my father sent me along with my sister to stay with a family in Darlington,The host were like another family to me.She had two boys of her own...I remember her saying that God gave her another 2 daughters(reffering to me and my sister).
    I treuly loved this lady as my own mother,she always stood up for me when other kids used to tease me.
    She always used to calm me down when I felt homesick.
    she`s the best host I have ever stayed with.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Visiting Friends

by sandysmith Updated Aug 26, 2004

in the garden

Fondest memory: A lovely weekend away from home visiting our friends Steve and Susan at their home in Darlington - our 7th meeting if my memory serves me right. They were wonderful hosts to us, and fed us with lovely Nachos and fajitas and indian meals:-)
    We even dined in the garden the first night.
    Could have spent the weekend in the bathroom - it was huge!!

Only problem for Dave is that their home looks so modern and contemporary and gave me much food for thought as to what we could do with ours!

• Pub Quiz again!

by sabsi Written Apr 26, 2003

We did it!

Fondest memory: I used to be at the pub quiz back in Hannover every week. Since I moved to Düsseldorf I haven't found a pub that has a quiz evening around here...so I have been on a cold quiz turkey for almost a year now!

Then in Darlington I not only played my 2nd quiz in one week - we even won!! Not because I knew all the answers though.... in fact the quiz was much more difficult than the ones in Germany and I hardly knew any answer!

• Beer Tasting
    • Casino and Gambling

• railway museum

by sparkyuk5 Written Feb 25, 2003

The orange darlington festaval

Favorite thing: my favorite thing about darlington has to be the people that live there they are so kind and careing if you get lost they will lead you in the right direction my other favorite thing about darlington has to be the outdoor markets which they hold on mondays and saturdays there is also the indoor market which is open everyday except for sunday they are both cram packed full of everyday things that you will need there is everything you could possible want.

Fondest memory: my fondest memory has to be the orange darlington festaval and the fireworks display they were thrilling there is entertainment at the orange darlington festaval for 3 days none-stop which is great for keeping the kids out of the way if you want some peace and quiet i hope you enjoy darlington as more as i did!!!!!!!.

• Eco-Tourism

• miksu's Profile Photo

The South Park.

by miksu Updated Sep 17, 2002

Favorite thing: The South Park is a large park with an aviary , a skating rink , bowling green, a pond full of ducks & swans , childrens area , large playing fields & the river Skerne runs through the centre.The park has numerous beautiful flower beds & footpaths.

Instant Answers: Darlington

Comments

Darlington Favorites

Reviews and photos of Darlington favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Darlington sightseeing.