Related Cumbria Favorites Tips

A rest on the way to Cat Bells
    Ruth near Cat Bells
  • The long climb to Dale Head, High Spy behind
    The long climb to Dale Head, High Spy...

Most Viewed Favorites in Cumbria

• ChristeneLeDoux's Profile Photo

Dreamy, rolling, nestled away Cumbria, England...

by ChristeneLeDoux Written Sep 22, 2008

Favorite thing: The gorgeous scenery, quaint towns... home made clotted fudge at every turn! Old stone farms and fences, stopping for sheep and tractors, farmers and cows. Stopping for tea along the way, testing your driving skills and being proud of them. The people, the air, the energy in the ground.

Fondest memory: My most recent music tour (I'm a songwriter) and the day after my show, laying around at my hosts house under my electric blanket, listening to the rain fall. Then going out for a walk to sit and have a lovely breakfast at a cute little tea shop, mingle with shop owners and locals alike while buying home made fudge, jams and chutneys - even a home made beautiful wool hat!

It was so very serene. Although cold for June, Reeth and the trip out of there to my next stop in Cumbria was fascinating and beautiful. Sweet little towns of cobble-stoned streets and brick houses, vines crawling up just about everything, misty fog, old stones and farms along the way - sheep!

The drive was equally as pretty as my day there. I tour for a living and don't always get days like this, so it was especially wonderful. I also bought farm fresh eggs which I boiled at my host's house before I left to take on the road, a cake from the bakery to thank my hosts and some fresh fruit from a stand.

I tour England a lot and think of it as a second home in Europe. Although I am American and tour in England, I live in Innsbruck, Austria now with my husband. Anyway, I feel spoiled with what I get to see and experience and feel a bit "over" England. So it was nice to find a place I want to go back to!

Go if you can!

• Theater Travel
    • Music
    • Business Travel

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Ullswater Steamers

by mvtouring Written Apr 4, 2004

Favorite thing: Treat your family to an outdoor activity day with fun and safety on beautiful Ullswater. The boat trip is a must, we really enjoyed it. Just make sure you take something warm with you as it can get quite cool on the water

• into-thin-air's Profile Photo

Something Not to be Missed !!

by into-thin-air Updated Nov 5, 2003

Favorite thing: One of the Most Famous little houses in the entire Lake District is the " Bridge House at Ambleside " This really is a Strange and Quirky little dwelling and one to be sure not to miss whilst you are in Lakeland !!

• Architecture

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Enjoy Gingerbread here! (Grasmere)

by marinarena Written Aug 24, 2007

Favorite thing: Grasmere is famous for the poet Wordsworth and for gingerbread! Yes, that wonderful threat is well consumed and appreciated here

Cumbria Hotels

7 Reviews - 20 Photos
Natland Hotels
See nearby hotels

Instant Answers: Cumbria

Comments

Cumbria Favorites

Reviews and photos of Cumbria favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cumbria sightseeing.
Map of Cumbria