Kendal Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Kendal

• BlueBeth's Profile Photo

Booths: I wish I had a supermarket like this!

by BlueBeth Updated Apr 4, 2011

Booths is a Lancashire based supermarket, nothing special about that I hear you cry! Ah but Booths in Kendal has a downstairs section that could have been designed with foodies like me in mind!

I could have spent an hour just in the bread section! Loads of organic produce, loads of locally sourced products, the meat section was amazing! I could have spent my entire budget on stocking my kitchen...

What to buy: The preserves and chutneys looked fab, but you can't go to Kendal and not buy Kendal Mint Cake, it'd be wrong!

I bought four different varieties (I didn't know they had more than two - with chocolate or without!)

I also bought some wine at the Windermere store, I had to... The label was wonderful, and yes I know that makes me shallow but it was called Chat en oeuf and had a picture of a cat sitting on an egg!!

What to pay: You can expect to pay a little more for the organic stuff, but what a place to get your camping supplies!

• christine.j's Profile Photo

Kendal Mint Cake: Get some extra energy

by christine.j Written Nov 19, 2008

This is not the name of a shop, but of a product Kendal is famous for.
    Despite the name, it is not a cake, but a chocolate covered mint cream. It is supposed to give you lots of extra energy, so much that it was taken up to Mount Everest in 1953.

I didn't need that much extra energy, but when I had eaten mine, I went on hiking. I should have taken a picture before I ate it, then I could put a photo here in this tip. But I didn't , so have a look at the website instead.

What to pay: From about 60 p for a very small piece to several £, depending on the size of the chocolate bar.

Instant Answers: Kendal

Comments

Kendal Shopping

Reviews and photos of Kendal shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kendal sightseeing.