Lake District National Park Nightlife

by Arm-Chair-Hero

Most Recent Nightlife in Lake District National Park

• The Packhorse Inn, Keswick: PUB QUIZ NIGHTS

by sabsi Updated Jan 23, 2005

Losing the quiz but winning the smiles competition

After a year without a pub quiz I was really dying for a quiz evening again. Luckily I could convince Steve and Susan to go to a quiz night in Keswick. I loved it.

We didn't have a chance because Steve's WAP phone gave us the wrong answers (serves us right for cheating ;) but it was a lot of fun, anyway!

• Casino and Gambling
    • Beer Tasting

• Bigs's Profile Photo

Dog and Gun: Our favourite spot!

by Bigs Updated Jan 12, 2005

Dog and Gun

I think we liked this pub best of all, so that we also spent the last evening of the year there. Even if we always had to sit next to the fireplace and some hiking addicts had to throw wood in every half an hour. They had some really nice local ales, like the "Yates Best Cellar" and Steve and I seemed to have the same beer taste anyway....

Dress Code: None really, well there is the fireplace...so you can also turn up in shorts.....

• The Dog and Gun: THE COSIEST PUB IN KESWICK

by sabsi Written Jan 5, 2005

The dangerous fireplace

I think that this pub is the nicest of all the many pubs in Keswick. You can sit by the fireplace and enjoy a pint or some nice food even. If it's not that cold get ready to melt though - the seat next to the fireplace gets rather hot then.

People stuck coins into the wooden beams and the stone walls. We wondered what this was until we saw the sign that this is a charity thing. The money is collected for the Keswick Mountain Rescue Team. A nice idea I think.

Dress Code: Underwear is enough when you are sitting in front of the log fire ;)

• Beer Tasting

• Arm-Chair-Hero's Profile Photo

Shooting stars

by Arm-Chair-Hero Written Aug 19, 2003

Peace and quiet

There are plenty of pubs and restaurants around the Lake District, but for me the entertainment at night time was a huge bbq on the campsite and then relaxing with a few beers watching the stars.
    In all of my life I had only seen about four or five shooting stars...........on the campsite the skies was clear, and one night we counted five shooting stars. Simple ralaxing but nice.

• mcharlton's Profile Photo

Pubs are never hard to find...

by mcharlton Written Aug 26, 2002

Pubs are never hard to find and any Pub has a potential party.
    The whole family got together at a local Pub and created our own big party.

Dress Code: There really is no dress code. Wear whatever you are comfortable in or whatever your lifestyle dictates.

Instant Answers: Lake District National Park

Comments

Lake District National Park Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Lake District National Park nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lake District National Park sightseeing.

View all Lake District National Park hotels