Paignton Favorites

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Green Paignton

by johngayton Written Mar 17, 2010

Eco-friendly Lighting On Esplanade

Favorite thing: The seafront esplanade is gaily lit-up at night with rows of hanging lights strung between the regular streetlamps. As you can see from the pic these are powered by both wind and sun with solar panels and wind turbines charging their batteries - there's always one or the other on this part of the coast.

• Beaches

• DUNK67's Profile Photo

Sea Depth?

by DUNK67 Written Aug 30, 2004

Fondest memory: When I was younger I went to Paignton with a friend and his parents, my main memory apart from the sunburn is being able to walk out into the sea quite a distance without it changing depth too much so it was ideal for kids to walk in.

• Beaches

• GypsyBessie's Profile Photo

Family Holiday

by GypsyBessie Updated Aug 6, 2003

Paignton Harbour

Favorite thing: Paignton is a wonderful seaside resort to spend with your family, especially with young children. It is ideally situated for touring the whole of South Devon and Cornwall, safe beaches lots of activities such as crazy golf and pitch and putt etc.

Fondest memory: My fondest memory of Paignton is spending my 21st birthday there with Maurice before we were engaged together with my parents and my sister. I had a wonderful birthday and holiday combined. It is particularly special to me because it was our last holiday together as a family before both my parents began to have ill health.

Both my parents loved to spend time around the harbour and here is a picture.

Instant Answers: Paignton

Comments

Paignton Favorites

Reviews and photos of Paignton favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Paignton sightseeing.