Poole Things to Do

• jolliette's Profile Photo

Brownsea Island Ferry

by jolliette Updated Mar 27, 2005

Brownsea Island Ferry

I had an entire day to do something in Poole, and since I was near the quay I decided to take a boat tour. There are many located along the quay so just chose one.. they are all pretty much the same price.

I chose the Brownsea Island Ferry.. it involved a tour that runs about an hour and a half.. a open topped boat.. the tour is narrated live by a charming Brit :)
    You have the option of getting off on Brownsea Island and walking around, another boat comes to pick you up later. It is an extra charge of about 5 GBP.. I didn't get off so I can't offer any advice..sorry :)

Price of tour = about 10 GBP..

I liked the tour.. it provided an oppurtunity to see the quay from the harbour.. and to get a history of the islands in the area. It was relaxing.. it can be even better on a nice day. When I went it rained.. my luck :)

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Poole Pottery

by grayfo Written Oct 19, 2004

My daughters as painters - 1997

Visitors can watch a video exploring 2,000 years of pottery, or follow the various stages of manufacture. Children can have a go themselves, either as potters or painters, or use balls to smash reject plates. The site also has a shop where a multitude of bargains can be made.

Instant Answers: Poole

Comments

Poole Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Poole things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Poole sightseeing.