Swanage Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Swanage

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Catholic Mass

by DEBBBEDB Written Jul 29, 2007

Favorite thing: When we visited in 2001, we drove to Swanage and went to mass at 1000. I told my husband that it was not on my top ten list of great masses - I couldn't understand any of the homily (sermon) that was read (!!) by the priest.

In 2003, when we came back again, we went to church in Swanage after breakfast- same priest as the last time we were here.

• Religious Travel

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo

Watching from the side

by Jenniflower Written Jul 4, 2007

Favorite thing: There are many smalll boats and sailing ships here, as well as a large scuba diving contingent.

We enjoyed sitting by the side of the stoney harbour wall, watching all that was going on around us.

There were families throwing stones into the water, with their dogs playing along too...

there were plenty of scube divers and people going out for a sail.

• Surfing
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Water Sports

• Weekend day away

by poppyrose7 Written Jun 9, 2007

Favorite thing: I was staying with a friend for the weekend and we popped down to the seaside! She is in a house-share in North London so was also keen to get away.

I really enjoyed Swanage... the seagulls, beach and friendly people :-) It is not too far to drive for a weekend away too, it took us 2 hours.

Maybe next time we might stay here longer? I hope so :-)

• sloughgal's Profile Photo

Childhood

by sloughgal Written May 30, 2007

Favorite thing: I remember growing up, we would go here alot with nana and grandpa, and mum and dad.

They always have an entertainmnet park for the kids and some adult rides too. The last time I came here was in 1997, and by looking at recent photographs, not much has changed!

So if the sun is shining, grab your costume and head for the coast -)

Instant Answers: Swanage

Comments

Swanage Favorites

Reviews and photos of Swanage favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Swanage sightseeing.