Weymouth Restaurants

Shop Frontage
    by johngayton
  • Restaurants
    by LINDstu
    Prezzo Italian Restaurant, Weymouth.
    by Tricky_Dicky69

Most Recent Restaurants in Weymouth

• lomi's Profile Photo

Muffins: It is against the law to eat in this establishment

by lomi Updated Nov 12, 2013

I should have known better than to eat in a 'licensed restaurant' with a pale green net Austrian blind draped in the window...

I wrongly assumed that the cafe's and restaurants behind the main Esplanade would offer better deals than the more expensive, very busy places with a view of the sea. Especially on a Saturday before the last August bank holiday.

Favorite Dish: The ping of the microwave, just before my meal was served was a warning... I should have fled right then. I had ordered battered cod with jacket potato and salad garnish... sadly the garnish was the tastiest item on my plate. The fish was the sort you get frozen from the cheapest supermarkets & mine was very overcooked, in fact in may even have been reheated after a fry up earlier in the day!

In the bathroom, on my way out, a notice read

'It is against the law to smoke in this establishment'

Someone had scratched out the word 'smoke' and replaced it with the word 'eat'.

Its official.

• LINDstu's Profile Photo

Porto: Great service and steak but bad oil !

by LINDstu Written Sep 4, 2013

Friendly and classy. An extensive menu covering seafood and steak. The waiter was meticulous in his attention.
    Because of the quality of attention and the food I did not complain. The veg tasted off which was confusing.
    The next day I was very sick as was my partner from the veg. We concluded it was fried in stale used cooking oil that made the veg taste off. I recounted this tale to someone who told me she had been warned off going there.
    I am so sad to have to report them and hope that they will rectify this soon.

Favorite Dish: Sirloin steak so tender and juicy....!

• Disabilities

The Stables: Don't expect good service

by LINDstu Written Sep 4, 2013

Long tables on 2 floors. Pizzas are paper thin served on a chopping board with a pizza cutter. The place is so noisy you can barely hear yourself talk! The pizzas have many choices of toppings mainly different from the norm.
    I do not think eating out on the equivalent to a pub garden bench is nice.
    You have to find your own cutlery and napkins.
    Basically the food is thrown at you and that's it.

• LINDstu's Profile Photo

Marios: American style hidden from street view

by LINDstu Updated Jun 7, 2013
    Marios pancakes and bacon

They serve everything from sandwiches to bacon with pancakes and maple syrup!
    Right next to a noisy arcade on the seafront Esplanade is this cool oasis away from it all.
    They do regular pancakes with strawberries and cream as well as an assortment of cakes and coffees.
    Also they are a new alternative for great ice creams including Knickerbocker Glory!
    They also have lovely sofas to sit and read newspapers like a coffee shop. Nice lighting comfortable seats and easy access for wheelchairs and scooters.
    A family run business with friendly service.

Favorite Dish: I have not tried it all yet! I loved the pancakes with bacon and maple syrup albeit smaller than the giant servings you get in the states!

• Disabilities

The Country Kitchen cafe: Full English Breakfasts all day & Roasts from noon

by LINDstu Updated Apr 6, 2013

Country Kitchen Cafe

New owners hooray! Good gut busting servings of meals with real mash potato and gravy.
    They also do pizzas and children's meals. Serve roasts on Sundays and through the week when available. Friendly experienced staff and clean loos.

Favorite Dish: Any meat dish with mash and veg. Touches the sides! Very tasty!

• Seniors

ENZO'S: FRESH SALAD

by LINDstu Updated Sep 9, 2012

View from the outside table

This is the classiest restaurant on the Esplanade. Not for fast fooders. Good value for money. Smart modern but relaxing. Linen tableclothes and wine waiters.

Favorite Dish: Veal escalope with zucchini!
    Also their pizzas are the real thing not all doughy fat and cheese like all the other pizza places.

• Mallams Restaurant: Always a pleasure

by foodietraveller Updated Apr 4, 2011

With a great location on the harbour side this restaurant has always delivered greaat food and service every time I have visited. The emphasis here is on fresh local food and naturally there is a good range of fish and shellfish. The same people haveowned the restaurant for twenty years so they have got it very well sussed. Quality food, a lovely ambience and friendly efficient service.

Favorite Dish: The fillet of beef is the best I've had and the scallops are awesome. Homemade desserts never disappoint, in fact it is all good.

• Mallams Restaurant: Always a pleasure

by foodietraveller Updated Apr 4, 2011

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Pasty Parlour: A Taste Of Home!

by johngayton Written Nov 30, 2010
    Shop Frontage

This is a friendly little pasty takeaway located on the main shopping street in the town centre. It caught my attention due to such exotic offerings as "Full English Breakfast" and "Beef Madras" (of course they do have the more traditional steak pasties etc too) and upon entering the shop the mixed aromas were as inviting as the warm welcome.

The signage on the shop front proclaims the pasties are indeed Cornish - they are made by the Crantock bakery (website below), which is now just outside Newquay - and are imported unbaked to be cooked in small batches throughout the day.

Favorite Dish: I was being a bit indecisive as to what I fancied, there being so many temptations on offer, but having responded to the proprietors cheery welcome he'd placed my accent and suggested a "Haggis Pasty" - the special of the day.

Sounded good to me and certainly cured my vacillation and so that's what I went for. Delish it was too - a good spicy haggis built into the crumbly shortcrust pasty with the traditional Cornish vegetables (swede, potato and onion) - and for a couple of quid made for an excellent value pre-pub lunch.

• Beer Tasting

• lomi's Profile Photo

Noodles: If you love oriental food

by lomi Updated Oct 11, 2010

I was attracted to this noodle bar by the large sign on the door that said No MSG. It is handily located near the main beach and Esplanade, it open early evening as well as for take-away orders. Attractive comfortable restaurant. Friendly staff. Great food.

I love the way the menu is organised. Basically there are 3 lists: noodles, garnish and sauce. Choose from the extensive list to mix and match. Vegetarian options available.

Favorite Dish: On my first night I loved the Spinach noodles with roasted duck, garlic butter and black pepper sauce.
    The second night I picked Fried noodles with beansprouts, honey glazed pork marinated in plum sauce- Both gorgeous!

• Beaches

• LINDstu's Profile Photo

Floods: Book early it is worth it!

by LINDstu Updated Sep 10, 2010

A serious seafood restaurant, no batter on the fish here! If you want lobster you must book and tell them in advance. The lobster is to die for I have even converted 2 friends who were sceptical!
    They do one meat alternative on their fresh daily menus. It is a small old fashioned white tableclothed place with fresh herbs and flowers on your table and plates.
    Not as expensive as many and well worth as a treat.
    Easy access for disabled.
    Lovely view of the harbour from inside.

Favorite Dish: Lobster plain boiled split open ready to eat with some garlic butter and a bread roll. They serve samphire with it as well as boiled or steamed veg. It tickles my mouth and then my brain, a similar effect to eating luxurious chocolate!

• Tricky_Dicky69's Profile Photo

Prezzo: Bella Prezzo !

by Tricky_Dicky69 Updated Jul 13, 2010

Prezzo Italian Restaurant, Weymouth.

Prezzo is situated right in the centre of town and has tables with views of Weymouth harbour. We looked at several restaurants before booking a table at Prezzo. We were tempted by the varied menu but also by the fact that there was a feeling of space as the tables are well spaced apart, unlike a lot of restaurants.

All the staff were friendly but also very efficient. The place was pretty busy but our food appeared at just the right pace. The only criticism is that the waiter thanked me for the tip as he handed me my change. Very odd as at that point I hadn't given him a tip. He didn't get one as we felt that that was very presumptuous. Just a minor point.

Favorite Dish: All the dishes that we tried were delicious. We started with the crab cakes and the tiger prawns which were nice and spicy. Mains consisted of chicken & asparagus risotto and fusilli rustica - both good. We still had room for a vanilla panacotta and a honeycomb cheesecake rounded off by double espresso's, Tia Maria and a Grappa.

We splashed out on a nice bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc which was a few quid more than the other wines but nicely chilled and well worth the money.

All in all a lovely meal.

Tricky Dicky rating 8.5 / 10.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Beaches

• frannicksmith's Profile Photo

The Old Rooms: Great food by the harbour

by frannicksmith Written Apr 23, 2009

Situated on the southern side of the harbour, near Brewers Quay, this was our favourite eating place in Weymouth.

Although the menu was similar to many of the pubs – fish, steak, burgers, pies – the food was better quality and pleasantly served. The dining area had a comfortable atmosphere with views of the harbour. There is also a courtyard so you can sit outside. We took advantage of the “2 for £12” offer which made it great value.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the Hunter's Chicken so much I had it again when we went back. The mushroom lasagne made a good vegetarian option.

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

The Lobster Pot: Out on Portland Bill

by Britannia2 Updated Aug 29, 2008

The Lobster Pot

From the outside this wooden building does not give the impression a smart eating place could be found inside its walls. The Lobster Pot sells drinks and icecreams from its front but inside is a nice cafe with white table cloths that is a pleasant place to eat.

Favorite Dish: Something for everyone here from hot meals to just a sandwich.

• I can't remember...but I know where it is: Don't go to Tthis SEXIST indian resteraunt

by moviequeen56 Written Jul 4, 2007

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of this restraunt, I think it may have been the Bhajti back then but I would like to let everyone know to avoid it. it's probably changed it's name. It's round the back of weymouth town centre, behind the cinema, i remember coming out and shortly being looking out at the harbour - that area.

The food was good, however the service was absolutely appaling. The waiter was so sexist it was beyond a joke. When he asked for our orders, he didn't even look at me & when I called him over for the bill/drinks etc he looked at me and walked past ignoring me.

When I confronted him with this, instead of denying it he said 'Yes, well in India the women don't ask for the bill'. ' I replied that ' Well, I don't care, this is England. And I've got a tip for you, you're rude to your customers you don't get any tip'.

There aren't many indian restraunts in weymouth, so if the one you're going to sounds like it's in that area avoid it.

I have never experienced such ridiculous sexism.

Instant Answers: Weymouth

Comments

Weymouth Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Weymouth restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Weymouth sightseeing.