Weymouth Restaurants

Shop Frontage
    by johngayton
  • Restaurants
    by LINDstu
    Prezzo Italian Restaurant, Weymouth.
    by Tricky_Dicky69

Most Recent Restaurants in Weymouth

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

The Lobster Pot: Out on Portland Bill

by Britannia2 Updated Aug 29, 2008

From the outside this wooden building does not give the impression a smart eating place could be found inside its walls. The Lobster Pot sells drinks and icecreams from its front but inside is a nice cafe with white table cloths that is a pleasant place to eat.

Favorite Dish: Something for everyone here from hot meals to just a sandwich.

The Lobster Pot

• I can't remember...but I know where it is: Don't go to Tthis SEXIST indian resteraunt

by moviequeen56 Written Jul 4, 2007

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of this restraunt, I think it may have been the Bhajti back then but I would like to let everyone know to avoid it. it's probably changed it's name. It's round the back of weymouth town centre, behind the cinema, i remember coming out and shortly being looking out at the harbour - that area.

The food was good, however the service was absolutely appaling. The waiter was so sexist it was beyond a joke. When he asked for our orders, he didn't even look at me & when I called him over for the bill/drinks etc he looked at me and walked past ignoring me.

When I confronted him with this, instead of denying it he said 'Yes, well in India the women don't ask for the bill'. ' I replied that ' Well, I don't care, this is England. And I've got a tip for you, you're rude to your customers you don't get any tip'.

There aren't many indian restraunts in weymouth, so if the one you're going to sounds like it's in that area avoid it.

I have never experienced such ridiculous sexism.

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

Lewis's Fish and Chips: Good fish and chips

by Britannia2 Written Jul 25, 2006

A good traditional fish and chip shop on Portland on the west side of the island.

Favorite Dish: Friendly owner who took time out to poach my wife some fish . Typical fare that is found in fish and chip shops everywhere but the food was hot and freshly cooked and sold at a reasonable price.

Lewis's Fish and Chips

• The Ghurka Restaurant Weymouth UK: Great for a relaxed night out!

by GotTheTShirt Updated Jun 28, 2006

We booked a table for 3 at this waterside restaurant which is right next to one of Weymouth's Car parks, so very handy. Just as well, because within an hour of arriving at 7.45pm, there wasn't a seat left in the place. The food is Thai/Indian/Singapore/Far East, and is served Buffet Style. You can go up as many times as you like, and help yourself to endless dishes which are constantly being replenished from the scrupulously clean open-plan kitchen at the end. The staff are extremely polite and eager to help. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and I was surprised to read another review here which did just that. Basically they are a business out to sell food to as many diners as possible, nothing wrong with that! It's unrealistic to expect to sit down and then not eat!! We paid £44.00 for our meal with three drinks. That's very reasonable for the amount we ate!!
    We all managed a wellstacked plate of starters, and an equally well filled plate of main courses, but how you mix them, or what you eat, is entirely up to you. There's also a great salad selection.

Favorite Dish: It's ALL so absolutely delicious that we truthfully would have difficulty in recommending any one dish over others, but suffice to say that the chefs know their business, and the hot dishes are HOT, and the curries (of which there were several) were subtly spiced, and very tasty.
    There was one hot chili beef dish which was outstanding, and also a pork steak dish with vegetables and sweet sour sauce which my wife had to go back for more on.

The food is, quite simply, OUTSTANDING!

• Meadows11's Profile Photo

Ghurka Restaurant: Ghurka, Nice But RUDE!

by Meadows11 Written Apr 6, 2005

The Ghurka Restaurant is in a prime location, right by the water housing beatiful swans, ducks and wildlife. Re-incarnated from former incumbants Noahs Arc amusements arcade, and more recently Swansons restaurant, The Ghurka provides top quality ethnic dishes from around the globe.

The food is served in a buffet format, and there is plenty there for even the biggest of appetites! There are many currys available, soups, duck, chilli, veg, salad, and loads more! The food is clearly labelled, so to save you from surprises and embarrasment, and are generally delicous and cooked at very high quality.

On the whole a generously priced, lovely meal is to be had here, but whatever you do make sure that you communicate clearly with the staff about how many in your party are eating. There was a group of 16 of us, five of which were not eating for various reasons. I tried to find a waitress to let her know, but there was none available. When I politely informed the lady who I was paying for the meals at the end of the evening, that only eleven of us had been eating, it was met with a clearly frustrated and exceptionally rude response. I apologised for the inconvenience and lack of convenience, but she continued to shake her head and tut. I told her that there was no need to be rude, to which she said "I not rude, you rude!!" For that reason I can't see myself returning anytime soon! Not that I think I'd be that welcome mind you!

Favorite Dish: The Ghurka dished up some lovely currys, and their home made Ghurka Chiken curry was particularly scrumptious. My stomach was a little tender the next day though!

• Beer Tasting

• grets's Profile Photo

All sorts of different establishments: Spoilt for choice

by grets Written Jul 24, 2004

Along the seafront and further inland, you have every type of eatery imaginable - from tea shops, Indian restaurants, pubs, traditional fish and chips, Italian, fast food outlets, ice cream etc etc etc

Instant Answers: Weymouth

Comments

Weymouth Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Weymouth restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Weymouth sightseeing.